Is the Arabic letter ك pronounced like ش in some dialects?

I have heard some Jordanian-Palestinian people say " shlonech?" instead of shlonek, chibeer instead of kibeer, achbar instead of akbar. I thought this was how people from Iraq and el Khaleej talk.

I just want to know if ك pronounced like ش all the time in Jordanian - Palestinian dialect. Is this how everybody in the city or only in rural areas? I'm more familiar with Lebanese Arabic because I listen to Lebanese music. I usually don't have a problem understanding Sham Arabic speakers, but when I hear people speak like this I have to carefully catch what they say because it sounds so different to my ears. I'm not used to it.

For learning: Arabic

Answers

it depends on the speaker's counrty .in the arabic golf they say shlonech. but here in Tunisia and the arbic west we prounouce ك in any word

yea, depends on the region

> I just want to know if ك pronounced like ش all the time in Jordanian - Palestinian dialect. Is this how everybody in the city or only in rural areas?
    No not everybody, but you will here it in Jordan. Things like يحكي being pronounced as يحتشي.
    You'll get used to it after you hear it a lot.

best regard Natali
    I am from Iraq , well
    our language its depend on male and female , here we go
    shlonech = female = ش
    shlonek, = male = ك
    I hope you learn it fast if you want
    I can do my best to help you learn Arabic just add me or follow me message
    sincerely