Two consectutive 'ly's?

"He runs extremely rapidly." I know this sentence sounds awkward, but is it grammatically correct or wrong? I am writing an essay and I want to know if you can use two adverbs in a row that end at 'ly'.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    It is grammatically correct indeed. Two such adverbs can be often seen on the printed page. Extremely rapidly actually means extremely fast.
    As a general rule, the first adverb, e.g., extremely, whenever it appears in such contexts, is not the adverb that qualifies the verb. It actually is the adverb that qualifies the adverb that qualifies the verb, e.g., runs. For this reason, adverbs such as extremely, extraordinarily, etc., are called intensifiers. They intensify, or emphasise, how the verb is to be described: he runs rapidly -- he runs extremely rapidly.

More resolved questions for learning English