What's different from crazy and nuts

Today I study new word nuts ,could you help me to explam "you are nuts " and "you are crazy" different..thanks.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Yufan

The terms Crazy and Nuts are synonymous. You can call me crazy or nuts and I will know that your meaning is the same.

These are used as either invective with people you dislike as a pejorative,
    or playful terms between friends. Their meaning depends upon your tone of voice and facial expression.

To be more objective, you can refer to other persons as "problematic" or Mentally Ill or Mentally Disturbed or even Emotionally Imbalanced. That "Threads---The---Needle" between both invective or playfulness.

I could say playfully to you; "Yufan, the minute I saw your question, I could tell you were NUTS!"

I could say playfully to you; "Yufan, the minute I saw your question, I could tell you were CRAZY!"

But, I can also have the intention to seriously hurt your feelings, in which case I would say exactly the same words, but with strong feeling and hostility toward you.

If I want to show you in a kind way, that you need to begin to question your own assumptions concerning your thinking and feeling, I might say;
    "Yufan, I think you are running the risk of being Mentally Imbalanced
    or Emotionally Imbalanced.

With the same kind intention, I might also say; "Yufan, the difficulty with your thinking and speaking is that your expressions and thoughts are entirely unreasonable (or irrational, or illogical)."

You see?

.