Should I say "sourer or more sour" and also "sweeter or more sweet"??

Answers

Hello Vale.

You should say 'sourer' and 'sweeter'.

Always use this form to make comparatives from adjectives that have only one syllable (unless they are irregular like 'good' and 'better').

(You will find instances however where people don't follow this rule. As a native though my recommendation is to follow it, as the sentence will sound more natural and well-formed).

As a native english speaker, saying "sourer" is strange for me. Either option you've presented would work, though. Personally, I would say "more sour" in this case. Saying "sweeter" is just fine to me and so is saying "more sweet", although saying "sweeter" probably sounds more fluent.

Example sentences:

This candy is more sour than that candy.
    This candy is sweeter than that candy.

The lemonade is more sour in this country.
    The lemonade is sweeter in this country.
    Both comparative forms for "sour" are possible, but I agree with Michaela that "more sour" sounds better.
    "Sweet" is a one-syllable adjective, so its comparative form is "sweeter".