「体に気をつけて、いつも元気で居てください。」 について

So this morning I was reading about writing letters in Japanese.
I found this sentence used to close a letter:

体に気をつけて、いつも元気で居てください。

Now I wonder:

- Is this only used to close a letter, or would you say it to someone too?
- Is this something you'd only say to your family or to friends as well?
- Is this actually the same as just saying いつも気をつけってね(/ください)、
or is it more focused on someone's health because 体 is used?

For learning: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Yes, that is a typical phrase when we close a letter. As a direct translation to English, that means: ”Please take care of yourself and I hope you’ll always be fine.”
    Even though it’s a common phrase in letters, you can still use daily conversations with anyone. However, about your third wondering, いつも気をつけてね isn’t the same meaning and we seldom say いつも気をつけてね. I guess you might regard 気をつける as “take care”, but when we use 気をつける with no objects such as 体 or 健康, 気をつける almost always means “be careful”. I’m sure this is a very difficult aspect of Japanese language, but please don’t worry because the listeners will surely understand and appreciate your kindness even if you say so.