I have a question about Kanji

I have a question about Kanji, im still very new to japanese and i just dont understand much about Kanji, i know some Chinese and i am wondering if the characters are used in the same way, also i heard that there are multiple "readings" and i have no idea what that means. if someone could explain these to me i would be very grateful thanks!
ありがとう!

For learning: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    The multiple readings for Kanji are basically the 'Chinese' based reading and the 'Japanese' based reading. And to simplify this, one is used when the kanji is read on its own and the other is used when in combination with other kanji.
    If you are looking in to learning kanji I've actually found wanikani to be quite helpful in an interesting way! It might be worth checking out~ http://www.wanikani.com/