Help me please to find out the diference between Will and would?

I wonder, what the difference in usage will + perfect infinitive and would+ perfect infinitive is? As I know both are used to make assumptions about the past events.
Examples: ' I'm sure you would have been proud of three brave children and their dog, who rescured the woman in the forest.( can I use will have been proud?) The lady may have had(By the way, can I use might here instead of may ? Why? Why, not?) an epileptic fit, so must have fallen and slipped down the bank...She will have got very cold overnight( Can I use would have got here instead will have got or not ? Why?)"
How could I translate this phrase: " I would have thought they ate a lot of meat." - Я предполагаю, они ели много мяса???

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Ok the first sentence:

I'm sure you would have been proud of three brave children and their dog, who rescued the woman in the forest.( can I use will have been proud?)

In this case, the speaker is imagining how you would have felt if you had been there. If you had been there, the speaker would say, "I'm sure you were proud..." Using "...will have been proud..." makes no sense, since the past perfect indicates that the action was completed in the past BEFORE the event we are talking about. For example, "By the time we get there, he will have left."

The second sentence

The lady may have had(By the way, can I use might here instead of may ? Why? Why, not?) an epileptic fit, so must have fallen and slipped down the bank

In this sentences, the speaker is speculating about some event in the past that he has no certain knowledge of. In other words, he is guessing what happened. I think you could use either "may" or "might" here. I think "may" has a bit more certainty to it; perhaps the speaker knows the lady has epilepsy, or he can see evidence of a seizure.

The third sentence:

She will have got very cold overnight( Can I use would have got here instead will have got or not ? Why?)"

I suspect the speaker is thinking about what the rescue workers need to do to help the lady. So he is thinking about what finished happening before the workers found her, and he has little doubt that it happened. So he uses "will have got."

Hope that helps.