What is the right way of saying this in dutch?

So I request you to give me your recipe, if it's possible.

Dus ik verzoek u mij uw recept te geven, als het mogelijk is.

or

Dus ik verzoek u om mij uw recept te geven, als het mogelijk is.

Which one is correct, and if both are correct, which is better?

For learning: Dutch

Answers

Both constructions look good to me.

OnzeTaal has an article on use of "om" here: https://onzetaal.nl/taaladvies/advies/om-wel-of-geen-om

They say that many people used to believe that "om" can only mean "teneinde", which translates to "in order to" in English. "I request you in order to give you my advice" (or so) just doesn't make sense. Here "om" clearly means something different, if anything at all.

They say that (at least nowadays) "om" may be just as a structural marker, as a tool to make a compound sentence (with more than one clause) easier to comprehend.

They also write that using "om" is very popular in spoken language, and leaving it out may sound stiff and formal.

Finally, they recommend that in case of doubt, it's better to use "om" than to leave it out, because most of the time it won't hurt, while for some verbs it's required. I'm not sure I can agree with this, because I think the cases where "om" is required are pretty clear: Where you really mean to say "in order to".

In formal writing, I think I'd try to leave "om" out as much as possible, while if I'm writing in a conversational tone (as I mostly do), I'd put it in more. I think my habit is to put it in, as that is how I speak. But in speech, I don't use "om" in all cases. I know of at least one verb, "proberen", which I think I always use without "om". For example: "Ik probeer te begrijpen" (I'm trying to understand). I googled for it and without "om" seems much, much more common here.

With this specific sentence, two factors are at play: One is relative formal nature of the language used. This points at leaving "om" out. At the same time, the "u mij uw" sequence could be considered a bit hard to parse, which is an argument in favor of using "om" as a structural marker.
    I think that in the end, I'd leave "om" out. But I think here it mostly comes down to taste. Other people may judge otherwise.

I think it shows that language is sometimes more an art than a science. :)
    A continuous on my earlier answer because italki has a limit of 2000 character for answers...

After reading the explanation by OnzeTaal, I think that the information on http://www.dutchgrammar.com/en/?n=Verbs.Au11 (which I remembered reading earlier) is incorrect. I think it's best to think that more often than not, "om" is used as a structural marker, which means that the verbs named there are not disguised "om-verbs", but rather are much comparable to their counterparts in English. Dutch just happens to allow them to be combined with "om".

In all the examples given there, I think leaving "om" out results in a somewhat more formal sounding sentence.
    Also, I see that the list of verbs where it's supposed to be allowed to leave "om" out is not exhaustive. "Ik ben vergeten mijn tanden te poetsen."(I forgot to brush my teeth) sounds perfectly fine to me, and, surprisingly, not formal in any way.

Both will be considered as correct, although the second one is officially right, so use that one.