Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

When writing symbols does every little stroke count?

I've written symbols for a long time now and just recently begun to start again. I hadn't practiced for a long time and found that writing every little stroke is so painstakingly time consuming. When I look at Chinese writing I sometimes don't see most strokes clearly. So I ask myself , how can writing be a more faster process?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    From my experience, you can start from simple symbols like your Chinese name if you have one. When I first began writing at the age around 4, I believe my writing is like yours. But the more you practice, the faster you can write.

split the whole symbol into parts:
    凋 = 冫 and 冂 and 土 and 口

practice everyday

that need practice,

More resolved questions for learning Chinese (Mandarin)