"Sie hörten es nicht" - sie will nicht hören oder sie ist gehörlos oder...?

Sie ist eine Frau, die ihrerseits alles und alle so nachmachen kann, dass man den Beteiligten nur wünschen kann, sie hörten es nicht – so schrecklich genau ist es und so ironisch und überhaupt.
"nachmachen" - was bedeutet das? (It'd be great if you could explain this setnence in English)

For learning: German
Base language: German

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Hi,
    "nachmachen" means to imitate, to copy someones behavior.
    "sie hörten es nicht" is a conjuctive clause, it means they wouldn't hear it.

I would translate your whole sentence that way (shortened):
    She is a woman who is able to imitate people to the point that well - you wish them they don't hear it, because it's so pretty exact and ironic and stuff.

Sorry, my English is a bit too limited for that sentence but I hope it gives you an impression.

She is a woman that can mimic anything and anyone in such a way, that you wished the involved ones could not hear her - it is so eerily precise and ironic and such.

"Überhaupt" sounds really stupid in that sentence, no idea how to properly translate it.
    The whole sentence is written very weirdly and I can not keep the style in the translation.