How do you say "to damage someone's reputation" in Chinese?

大家好! I am trying to translate "to damage" in the context of someone's reputation. How would I say this in Chinese? 损害?损坏?Thanks for your help!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    RE: "to damage" in the context of someone's reputation.
    Answer: to damage someone's reputation 损害某人的声誉 (sǔn hài mǒu rén de shēng yù); "损害(sǔn hài)" and ”损坏(sǔn huài)“ both mean to damage something, the difference of the two words is 损害(sǔn hài)means to damage something abstract, 损坏(sǔn huài) means to damage something concrete.
    E.g. 损害健康 sǔn hài jiàn kāng (lit. damage health) harmful to one's health;
    损坏公物 sǔn huài gōng wù to damage public property

By Creek

损害sun3 hai4,破坏po4 huai4,影响ying3 xiang3。

毀謗/汙衊/誣賴
    the first and second are the same, the third means they said you did something you didn't do.
    hope it helps

诋毁 (defame)

Sorry I didn't read your question carefully when posting my previous answer. "损害" or "败坏" is fine to translate "to damage" in this context. E.G. 禁止用侮辱、诽谤等方式损害公民、法人的名誉。

损坏某人的声誉(名誉)!