complaining formally

This is my try:

1 I am writing to complain about your personnel poor service. They served us very badly. ( In Spanish we say " atender mal, what ´s the best translation in English: serve, give bad service ..?

2 I hope you do not cheat any other customer . ( espero que no vuelvan a engañar a más clientes)

Thank you

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    1 I am writing to complain about the poor service of your personnel. The service was horrible.

2 I hope you do not cheat any other customers.

Well, the first thought in your mind should be what you want to happen as a result of your complaint.

If you just want to vent your spleen, then I fully agree with Connor's suggestions. Don't hold back. ^^

However, if you want a proper positive response from the reader (eg. an acknowledgement of the problem and a promise to rectify it) then you need to write much more formally but still remain assertive. This is the real skill. Using subjective words (awful, bad) and throwing accusations will only make you look like some idiot off the street.

For example, if you want to write "We received very poor service," or "The service at your establishment was well below par," then you need to follow up with the specific problem: "We were made to wait for over half an hour before being served, and even when we were finally served, the staff member was curt and unfriendly."

Will you post the text in Notebook?