Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

수철이는 열 네 살입니다.

I have found this sentence. I am confused 'cause I see topic marker after subject marker. I have thought that after noun comes subject marker or topic marker, not both of them.

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    수철이는 열 네 살입니다.

In the phrase "수철-이-는" the suffix '-이' is used for making its pronuncation more easy. That's an epenthesis vowel. And this suffix '-이' is used only when addressing one's frirends or inferior. You should not use it for your elder or superior.

수철이는 열네 살입니다.
    수철은 열네 살 입니다.

For examples,
    갑순, 갑돌, 춘향, 향단, 수철
    갑순-이, 갑돌-이, 춘향-이, 향단-이, 수철-이

Hi there.

이 is not the subject marking particle here. It is a linking element that is often in casual/low-formal speech to link a noun ending with a 받침 (i.e. a consonant) and the particle.
    The construction then is 수철 + 이 (linking element) + 는 (topic marking particle).

Hope that helped.