Turkish food

Can anyone please share turkish food recipes with me? I was interested in trying to make Börek but I'm also curious about other foods who are usual in Turkey or maybe pastries. Please share with me! :)

For learning: Turkish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    ali nazik food;

A silky eggplant puree is the perfect base for cumin-scented lamb
    2 small-medium eggplants
    juice of 1 lemon
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    2 tablespoons tahini paste
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly crushed
    300g lamb mince
    250g Clevedon Valley Buffalo Yoghurt
    40g butter, melted
    1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leafed parsley
    1⁄2 teaspoon sumac

Place the eggplants directly over the flame of a gas burner or barbecue, or under a preheated grill, turning
    regularly, until completely blackened and soft. Place in a large bowl, cover with a lid or plastic wrap and leave to sweat for 10 minutes.

Peel off and discard as much of the blackened skin as you can. Cut the stalks off the eggplants, chop the flesh and place in a food processor with the lemon juice, garlic, tahini and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and spread over a serving dish.

Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the cumin for 1 minute then add the lamb and fry until browned. Season with salt and spoon on top of the eggplant purée. Top with spoonfuls of buffalo yoghurt, drizzle with butter then scatter the parsley and sumac over. Serve with warmed flatbreads.

Hey. Do you want those recipes in English or Turkish? Also do you want any special recipe? :D

I taught myself a number of Turkish recipes while I lived in Ankara (soups, seafood, döner and authentic çiğ köfte). I'm not a huge fan of pastries or sweets so I skipped börek, unfortunately.

After getting a couple of soups (mercimek, ezo gelin) and other meals under your belt, you might like to tackle İşkender. It's super-yummy. :)

Many recipes in Turkish use a different (non-metric) measuring system, so if your recipe is in Turkish and you want metric equivalents, I can help with that. I had a lot of trouble getting help with these conversions, so I ended up working them out myself...