Meaning of "as why should i not?" from The Avengers.

I have been learning English by reading the script of The Avengers.
Here is two quotes from Loki.

Loki : I mean to rule them, as why should I not?

Loki : I who was and should be king!

Q. I know the meaning of "why should I not?" But why "as" is added next to "why"?
It is correct to say?

Q. Could you please paraphrase the second line "I who was and should be king"?
"I should be king" does make sense for me. But "who was"...
I have never seen this English structure before.

Answers

Loki speaks a very highbrow (fancy) English, better than most of us. "I mean to rule them, as why should I not?" is actually a little awkward. I suspect it derives from "I mean to rule them, as I should." Your are likely to hear it outside of Asgard.

The second example can be understood by breaking it down into 2 phrase, "I, who was king..." and "I, who should be king...".

I who was and should be king. = I was a king and should be a king (now/still). He was taken from the ice realm where I believe he would have been king in that realm. Plus at one point he puts his and Thor's father into sleep and takes.over the thrown for a bit. So he is saying he should still assume that title.