The Difference Between the Tenses

The most big issue in English for me is the difference between the Present Perfect and Past Simple Tenses. I do know the rules of using the Tenses. I don't feel them yet. Could you please explain the difference between "I ate breakfast" and "I have eaten breakfast"? "I didn't eat breakfast yet" and "I have not eaten breakfast yet"

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    If you use a past tense, then you are talking about the past (rather obviously).

Remember that in English grammar, the past has no connection with the present, so we need perfect tenses to connect an earlier event to a later one.

Basically, when you use present perfect, you use a past event to describe the present.

"I've eaten breakfast" means you are full and you don't need to eat any more.

"I haven't eaten breakfast yet" means you are hungry, or that you think you need to eat breakfast.

"I ate breakfast" and "I didn't eat breakfast" tell me nothing about how you are feeling now.

Think about whether what you have done (or did) in the past is still relevant now. It also depends on the question you are asked.

What time did you eat breakfast? I ate breakfast at eight o' clock.
    Have you had something to eat? Yes, I've eaten breakfast. No, I haven't had/eaten breakfast yet.

I didn't eat breakfast yet is American not English.