List of words with difficult Hindi sounds.

Hello,

I am trying to work on my pronunciation and would like to compile a list of words for each of the sounds I am having trouble with so that I can practice. Would any native speakers be able to provide a few words for each of the sounds below? I appreciate the help.

ढ, द, ड, ड़, ष

धन्यवाद!

For learning: Hindi

Answers

ढक्कन (noun) cover or cap of bottle or any article .
    ढकना (verb) to cover.

दादी grand mother(father's mother )
    दूसरा second or another one
    दबाना to press

डिब्बा box
    डूबना to drown
    डर fear

No word start with ड़
    लड़ना to fight
    सड़क road
    पकड़ना to catch

ढ is palatal constant, it come in group of ट ठ ड ढ ण | Palatal consonants are consonants articulated with the body of the tongue raised against the hard palate (the middle part of the roof of the mouth)

ढाल
    ढोल
    ढाई
    ढूँढ़ना
    ढेर

द is a dental constant it comes in group of त थ द ध न | A dental consonant is a consonant articulated with the tongue against the upper teeth

दंड
    दंग
    दंगा
    दगाबाज
    दध

ड is palatal constant, it come in group of ट ठ ड ढ ण | Palatal consonants are consonants articulated with the body of the tongue raised against the hard palate (the middle part of the roof of the mouth)

डांट
    डाक्टर
    डाबर
    डालना
    डिबिया

ड़ ढ़ ( not in your question ) are mixed consonants. which has been produced from ड ढ ( palatals consonants). In which some hhhhh sound comes from throat and tongue tremble. No word start with some Hindi alphabets ( अः, ङ , ञ, ण, ढ़, ड़ )

कड़क
    अकड़
    पकड़
    जकड़

श ष स are sibilant, in phonetics, a fricative consonant sound, in which the tip, or blade, of the tongue is brought near the roof of the mouth and air is pushed past the tongue to make a hissing sound

दोष
    निर्दोष
    षडयंत्र
    षष्ठी
    षट्कोण
    षोडशी

I hope it will be helpful for you.

-
    Thanks !
    Hindipathak.com

More open questions for learning Hindi