How English materials are translated and sold to the Japanese?

It was either real novel or manga for me, but yesterday I decided to check out what ranobes (light novels) were like. I felt like reading some film treatment rather than a novel. It was like a parade of adjectives and adverbs so I thought it must've something to do with the shuujigaku (decorating literary works with lots of modifiers) which is totally different to English rhetoric (which involves figures of speech and other compositional techniques).

Now I'm wondering how English materials are translated and being sold to the Japanese if they don't share the same rhetorical concepts. Like Harry Potter books which were translated to Nihongo, did they simply translate it from how J.K. Rowling made it? Or did they deconstruct and reconstruct the entire material to fit that of their target market? :(

For learning: Japanese

Answers

No answers yet.