Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

concerning some application of んです, please help

What happened? どうしたんですか
My grade is bad. せいせきわわるいんです.

I feel it's incorrect to add んです directly after わるい but I don't know the correct answer.
Please help.

For learning: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I think that it is not a wrong sentence to add んです directly after わるい but it should be that せいせきがわるいんです。

I think this sentence which is added んです shows the person's feeling or reason.

For example せいせきがわるいんです。(That's why I feel down) , おなかがいたいんです。(That's why I look pale) .

If you say only せいせきがわるいです。おなかがいたいです。, they are just only answers of question.
    But if you use  んです  in your sentence, it shows your feeling that you want a questioner to understand your feeling or reason.

So that your sentence せいせきがわるいんです is correct.