Do you have any favourite sayings in your language(all languages wanted) that you can share with me?

I finished writing down some odd Swedish sayings, and I got curious of sayings in other countries, who does the strangest swedish sayings match up against global competition?! Help me find out and hit me with your best local saying:D

For learning: Other

Answers

一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井绳。A burnt child dreads the fire.

Wat niet weet, wat niet deert. (Unknown things don't harm people. - Usually said by someone who knows something 'bad' about something, but refrains from telling about it, because it doesn't seem important, it might be okay again by itself or it's best to not let that person in on the secret for it's own well-being.)
    Nothing shows a mans character more than what he laughs at.

Life is a journey, not a destination

"bahala na" - (tagalog) it's untranslatable to english, but it means something like: don't worry about the future.... whatever will be, will be. /// one of my favourite dutch sayings is "Zoals de waard is, vertrouwt hij zijn gasten" - 'like the innkeeper is, so he trusts his guests"