我有一个问题。地和得

I have a question what are the differences in these sentences.
他很慢地走
他走得很慢。
do they both mean "He walks slowly?"
I'm trying to understand all aspects of 地,得, and 的. any explanations would be a great help

Base language: Chinese (Mandarin)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I think you can think of 的, 得, 地 as suffixes that indicate parts of speech. Basically, 的 is used after a noun or an adjective, 得 after a verb, and 地 after an adverb. Unlike 的 and 得, which have their root in Chinese history, the idea of 地 used as an adverb indicator is relatively new; it was borrowed from western languages. It's probably intended to imitate the -ly ending in English.

When you use the “adv 地 V” structure, it describes one single action and that's it, and the verb is normally followed by a particle or/and an adverb when the verb has only one character. Take for example the first sentence in your question, an particle of 著 or an adverb of 開 or 掉 should be added to the verb 走 so that the sentence would sound natural and complete.

When you use the “V 得 adv” structure, you are making a conclusion or stating how you feel about the action described. I don't know if a little literal translation will help better, but I'll try anyway. The original meaning of 得 is “to get”. Therefore, a word-for-word translation of 他走得很慢 is “He:他 walk:走 (and) get:得 (a result of being) very slow:很慢”. The result or conclusion of him being very slow is quite subjective.

Therefore, the “adv 地 V” structure is a “cold” statement, like it's made by a biologist observing an animal. While the “V 得 adv” structure is a “warm” statement, it shows how the speaker subjectively feels.

Here are other examples: (雨: rain; 很猛: fiercely; 落: fall; 下: down)

雨很猛地落下。
    → The speaker is making an objective observation of how the rain falls/fell. And the verb 落 is followed by an adverb, which is 下 in this case, to make the sentence sound more natural and more complete. It's a “cold” sentence.

雨落得很猛。
    → The speaker is describing how he personally feels/felt about the way the rain falls/fell. The rain makes/made him think so. It's a “warm” sentence.

PS There's an official plan to integrate 的, 得, 地 into one, which is 的, but I don't think it's settled already.
    do they both mean "He walks slowly?" yeah

形容词(代词)+的+名词(如:蓝蓝的天空)
    动词+得+形容词 (如:飞快地跑)
    形容词+地+动词 (如:跳得高)

这里有一组含有“的”、“地”、“得”的例句如下:
    1. 蔚蓝色的海洋,波涛汹涌,无边无际。
    2. 向日葵在微风中向我们轻轻地点头微笑。
    3. 小明在海安儿童公园玩得很开心。

如果没记错的话,应该是:
    动词 verb+ 地;
    得+ 形容词 adj
    希望能帮到你

verb+得+adj
    adj+地+verb

现在字典不都同化了么?的 地应该都一样了吧?

actually now in Chinese “的地得” are same, u can use them randomly.: )

结构形式一般为:形容词(Adjective) +的+名词(noun);副词(adverb)+地+动词( verb );动词( verb )+得+副词(adverb)
    they get the same meaning but different usage

I tried to put the following in my previous answer but I can't because I hit the 2000-byte limit.

I'm not sure if the first of the two examples can be translated to “The rain fiercely falls/fell.” and the second “The rain falls/fell fiercely”. If you can explain a bit about the differences in the two English sentences for me, I would be very grateful.

ATTENTION: 一般不说“他很慢地走”,不这么用,换成“他慢慢地走。” 又例:“风儿轻轻地吹”“马儿快快地跑”,或者就换成“他走的很慢”。
    副词"很"用在“得”后面,接形容词共同修饰动词,如“干得很好”“唱歌唱得很棒”。
    或者,副词“很”接形容词加“的”修饰名词,形成名词性短语,如“很好听的歌”。
    但“很”一般不用在“地”字句中。

语法上的东西我就不重复了。

不过你大可必仅仅拘于语法上来理解“得”和“地”,从他们所处的语境去理解也很重要。
    如“他很慢地走”just shows that the man is walking slowly without emotional judge.
    But "他走得很慢" means more than that,maybe including the speaker's emotion of complain or explaination ect.According to my understanding LOL

现在这个问题很多中国人都搞不清楚。上次说要在高考中对用错“的 得 地”的扣分,还引发争议呢。

by the way,大哥,你那个红色的字条“请你用中文跟聊天”是不是漏了一个字?

我看到你回到别人问题的时候中文用得很地道,刚想表扬你一下。没想到一进去就看到这个错句了。 o(∩_∩)o...加油哦
    的、地、得
    的一般用在形容词的后面,修饰名词:漂亮的花(beautiful flowers)
    地一般用在副词后面,修饰动词:慢慢地走(walk slowly)
    得一般用在动词后面,后面再跟副词:走得很慢

this issue also puzzles every young pupils a lot, we all had the awful experience to tell 地 from 的 and 得
    adj.+的+n.
    adv+地+v.
    v.+得+adv.

我认为是侧重点不同吧,虽然意思都一样!