Pls. share what you know about French and German Cuisine...

hello !
Do you have any idea on what is the main dish of Germany and France? What is their cuisine known for? How can you describe their food ? or etc..

Pls. tell me what you know (anything) about the French and German Cuisine.

Thanks!!
See you :)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I wish I could tell you. I know both have delicious traditional foods. I have a French neighbor who worked as a cook in Paris. He makes his and his girlfriend's dinner every day! I had dinner with them a couple times, it was excellent. Yes, they are famous for their snails and goose liver (escargot and foie gras), as well as mushrooms and truffles and all kinds of spices (rosemary, thyme, deng deng...) except for the spicy (hot) ones. I know the german beer and bread are dark and rich and ours are like water and styrofoam in comparison. Of course both countries have suffered the scourge of the fast-food industry and lots of people have terrible diets. There was a study showing that an average German will have around 500 grams of junk (toxic substances) in his or her liver! That means hot dogs and hamburgers and potato chips and all that.
    A good French wine ranks with the best - Chilean, Italian and Argentinean. I like the Cabernet Sauvignon red wine.
    Then we have the funny part: two cartoons where French cuisine are mentioned are Ratatouille, and Asterix and Obelix. Obelix fell into the village druid's strength potion when he was a child and became incredibly strong. He will eat a couple of wild boars in one meal... In Ratatouille, there is a little mouse who wants to be a cook, and he's good at it. I won't tell the end so you can see it, but they mention a lot of the spices for which the French are famous in various places.

I like French very much.That's a romantic country so the food their is full of beautiful feeling.
    Michelin and Gaultmillau the two books let more and more people konw the colourful cuisin in French.
    During the dinner ,during the enjoying.

I'm sorry,I can only search below from baidu.com and google.com,and I know about French and German Cuisine very little.SO SORRY.
    Every region of France has its own distinctive traditions in terms of ingredients and preparation ..
    Classical French cuisine . This includes all the classical French dishes which were at one time regional, but are no longer specifically regional. Food is rich and filling, with many dishes using cream-based sauces.
    Aside from bread and water, the most common accompaniments to a French meal are wine and cheese. Unlike other countries, in France wine is considered a standard part of everyday meals, and is neither expensive nor reserved for special occasions. With everyday meals, ordinary wines are served, although it is expected that the style of wine match the style of food .
    In addition to its use in cooking, cheese is often served as a course in itself. In this case, it is served after the main meal but before dessert.

Pork is the most liked and largely eaten meat in Germany.
    Bread is another staple and popular food, with about 300 varieties baked dark brown in color and enriched with protein.
    The food in Germany bears a major regional influence and is also influenced by the neighboring countries Switzerland, Belgium and France.
    A classic German meal comprises several courses. A meal comprises of soup (Suppe), a main course (Hauptspeise) accompanied by a couple of either cooked or uncooked dishes. Nachspeise is all about foodstuff that is served after a meal. Germans love to have a drink along with their meal, be it beer, wine or champagne type sparkling drink called sekt. German wines are sweeter and fruitier than those coming from other nations.
    德国菜式在西餐菜式中可以说是比较有特点的一类,最主要的特点在于:
    1、肉制品丰富。德国的肉制品种类繁多,德国菜中有不少是用肉制品制作的菜肴,仅香肠一类就有上百种,著名的法兰克福肠早已驰名世界。
    2、喜欢食用生鲜。一些德国人有吃生牛肉的习惯,著名的鞑靼牛扒就是将嫩牛肉剁碎,拌以生葱头末、酸黄瓜末和生蛋黄食用。
    3、口味以酸咸为主。德式菜中的酸菜使用非常普遍,经常用来做配菜,口味酸咸,浓而不腻。
    4、用啤酒制作菜肴。德国盛产啤酒,啤酒的消费量也居世界之首,所以德国人的一些菜肴也常用啤酒来调味。
    luo

Bread, Pizza ? oh, and Coffee !!

I don't really know a lot about Frensh food, but I associate Frensh with baguettes, red wine and croissants.

For Germany: there are different traditional meals in different regions and social level. For example Weißwurst (a white sausage), pretzel and Weißbier (wheat beer) or in Palatinate Saumagen (consisting of potatoes, carrots and pork). German beer is good.

My grandmother comes from Schlesien (Silesia), that doesn't belong to Germany anymore since the end of World War II, and she often cooks Eintopf (like stew). But when we visit my grandparents on Sundays she prepares various meals, such as roulades, asparagus, Schwarzwurzeln (wikipedia translates it with scorzonera), Königsberger Klopse (consisting of meatballs in a white sauce with capers), goulash or potatoes.

If you go out to eat in a restaurant, you may are served a soup, the main course and a dessert as described by Carl Lou. There you will often schnitzel with chips.

If you don't have the time to prepare those sorts of meals, you just eat bread with butter, cheese and/or Wurst (sausage) or some fast food made in the microwave at home or you may also get some fast food somewhere else (for example McDonalds).

I'm so sorry that I know neither of them
    One of the greatest pleasure thing for tourism is that we can eat wonderful cuisine where we visit.French cuisine is a evolving art.Traditional French cooking is butter-based and centres on meat,poultry and fish.Today,there restaurants are becoming more interested in regional food and in simple.homesylefare which relies on fresh,seasonal ingredients.flaky pastries is famous there and we can eat Coquille Saint-Jacques \Escargot a la Bourguignonne and so on there.That for German Iam sorry.

I think that Frenches unique dish is escargot, and foie gras. And German dish is vienna sausage and beer. We have good impression about France dishes because it seems high rank dish. Ofcourse German dish is also good!

If it is of any interest to you, here in brazil they eat rice and beans every single day of every week of every month of every year. And then the other things may vary: meat, manioc (cassava), in some places hot chilli pepper sauces - I like them but for some reason they give me hiccups! Leafy vegetables, squash, okra, salad (without avocado though, because to them the avocado is a fruit and they use it in drinks, with sugar!), and oftentimes orange juice that is squeezed right before drinking - mmm! Another drink that may accompany meals is pineapple with mint (made in a blender), that is really good although it may not sound so. Desserts are delicious, full of fruit, one of my favourites is vanilla ice cream creamed with papaya, and topped with a dash of cassis liquor. And then you have one of the best coffees in the world!
    hi! i'm a irish man.And let me tell you all..we are the most boring eaters in the world..spuds an meat an cabbage?..i must say though that we have plenty of french cuisine restaurants in ireland.. most are very nice..but. and this is a big butt ! tks bart.!..having traveled and eaten my way around most of the globe..i have to say that the german food is the best, by far..from the steak,to the pork, to the chicken..to the sauces..to the .ok..the sausage..no joke..cold cuts...its so vast of a selection ..its fantastic. ..really.!...quick note about the beer...there are thousands of german beers..??? you will die before you can taste them all.

Hi!
    I associate french cuisine with (as mentioned above) Baguettes, red wine, and escargots (snails...yuck!) and croissants. Lots of breads, cheeses, and wines. Very delicious foods! :)

German is the complete opposite, really. While french food is very light and elegant, german food is heavier and.... greasier :P
    While French prefer wine, germans prefer their beer. If you look up german beer on google or whatever you will get many results on some famous beers found around the world.
    Their cheeses are also stronger in taste, and especially smell.
    A famous dish would be Schnitzel, which can be chicken or pork breaded and fried. It's delicious, but rather heavy. They eat almost EVERYTHING with with cabbage and sauerkraut.
    They also have bratwursts (sausages) which they put...of course... cabbage on!!

hope this helped! take care xo