present perfect or simple past ????????????????

i have a probleme about the deferent betwin the present perfect and the simple past
even i lerned many lessons but i still have this problem and many sentenses
sush us:
i....(give up) smoking several years ago
you ...(buy) your house ?
i don't know where she is . you ...(see) it ?
A: she(feed) the cat?
b: yes she (feed) him before lunsh
where you (b) ?
I ( be) out
you (enjoy) it ?
yes, very mush.we(take) part in a race.
you (win) ?
No, we (come) in last.
i hope to find a good explacation to every sentenses
and thanks before

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Hello Joker ,
    The difference between present perfect and simple past is as follows:
    The past simple tense describes an action that took place in the past and is terminated now .
    For example " I gave up smoking several years ago" means I don't smoke at all right now and the action of smoking terminated in the past .

The present perfect tense describes an action that started in the past and is terminated in the near present or just right now when the sentence is said. For example "I don't know where she is ,have you seen her ?" Here he is asking if the other have seen her in the past , probably the near past and he could have just seen her nearly before the sentence was said, so the action extends to the near past and terminates JUST there .

- Did you buy your house ? ( Asking if the house is already bought and the action of buying is terminated in the past )
    - Did you feed the cat ? Yes she fed it before lunch. ( The action of feeding the act is a past action " before lunch" )
    - Where have you been ? I have been out . ( The action of being out started in the past and extended to the near present ,where the question was asked, the guy was probably coming home in ,when he was asked by someone "parent, spouse etc" .
    - Did you enjoy it ? Yes very much .We took part in a race .
    Did you win ? No we came in last .
    ( Here the actions are all past, they all terminated in the past ,the enjoyment , taking part in the race ,winning , coming last all are actions that terminated at the moment when this dialogue is being held.
    I hope the idea is clear now :)

- I gave up smoking several years ago
    -you bought your house
    -idk where it is? do you see it?
    -she fed the cat?
    -yes she fed him befor lunch
    -where will you be?
    -I will be out
    -you enjoyed it?
    -yes very much, we took part in the race.
    -did you win?

english is very complicated... in simple past sometimes it's just puting a 'ed' on the end of the word but there realy is no rule to how it works you sort of just have to memorize the words.

The verbs(action words like walk talk etc.) in your sentences are irregular verbs. Unlike regular verbs that you just need to add -ed at the end of the word, irregular adverbs however changes its spelling. I would like to give you some examples:
    past form -present form -future form
    gave giving will give (note: will is a helping verb)
    bought buying will buy
    saw see will see
    fed feeding will feed
    have been will be
    have enjoyed-enjoying- will enjoy
    took taking will take
    won winning will win
    came coming become

But it still depends upon the sentence on how the verbs would be used