if my teacher dosen't teacher very well,how can i give him a suggestion politely?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Hi you look quite young from your picture and I don't know if you are really qualified to judge whether a teacher is teaching you well or not. Different teachers have different methods of getting information across. Do you pay attention in class, take notes, revise your work at night, ask/answer questions during class & do your homework or do you chat with your friends? If the teacher wasn't teaching properly , surely that person would have come to the attention of the Director by now. As a teacher, many of my students expect to be 'spoon fed' everything and a lot of them don't pay much attention in class, then complain when they don't understand things.Too often students blame the teacher, when they themselves could be working much harder.

you can simply read ahead of the next topic to treat in the class then if along the line the teacher made a mistake try to correct him or her decently. then the teacher will found out that he/she had to make up for his/her teachings.
    or second though maybe the teacher is dumb.................................

You could say "Could you please explain further?" or "Could you please explain the matter more?"
    If not then you could just ask him to go slower in the discussion.

if he is a 外国老师 my advice don't. if you have a concern with a teacher take it up with the head of your department. let them decide. maybe you don't think he teaches well but others do. 如果你的老师是外国老师 I'm going to side with your teacher on this one. I don't know him or her but I know what kind of teaching conditions they have in you country (which I don't want to get into for certain reasons) and I think any teacher who is far way from their native homeland and trying to teach other people english is 100% in my books. do you think about that aspect? of course not. take it from me. I don't think you see the full picture.

My humble suggestion is that you'd better double assure that his "doesn't teaching well" is actually really his fault instead of just misunderstanding or different way in comprehending. And they once you can prove you are completely correct, then I think to talk to him about the issue sincerely with a pure purpose of solving problem, not personal, then I believe things will be going on a wonderful way :)

if you are in China mainland,i suggest the style of an anonymous letter or anonymous communication.because most of the teachers here will not be so tolerant and generous for a student's suspicion of his or her authority,if you are just so candid,enter the office and take bold to modify,the contradiction might be inevitable. i think you could send him or her a message,or an email to express your opinion and observe the reaction of the other side.then launch the step 2,at your disposal. that,s my idea.

Thank you Jura. I was angry when I wrote my post. I wish I used the words you did. I agree with all aspects of your answer. You are so right about the "spoon fed" part. I find my students just want to play games. I'm sorry but I find ni jia's question insulting.

青出於藍而勝於藍

Happen to see this topic again, can't help saying something again :)

On the other hand, I do think jia ni's concern is reasonable, since I did ever meet some kind of "foreign teachers" who are quite not qualified for a teacher here in somewhere of China, especially some not very big/developed cities! For example, here in Shijiazhuang which I'm staying, is a province's capital, but I've seen many those kind of foreign teachers, so not even to say in some small ones ;)

For recent years, it's kind of very popular to heir foreign teachers in some college/high school/middle school, or even kindergarten :) And it seems quite not honored enough if some teaching place has no guys from abroad speaking in their classrooms!

Then some kind of truck drivers, painters, porters, even some rascals or kids were recruited here by sort of certain teaching organizations to hit the rapidly growing demands of Foreign Teachers, at the meantime, greatly lowering the costs to maximize their profit, with no care about the subject of the market they are facing to!

No offense to the above jobs, just if you are here just for money, and willing to take the risks of ruin a child's future, then I think you are humiliating the word--- teacher!! And it's the same if any guy's just for money teaching your awkward Chinese in somewhere!!

So if ni jia, you 100% assure that your teacher's not qualified in teaching you, then bravely raise it up to the supervisors of your school, it's quite important to have a good teacher when learning.

And if you

Evan,

You are worse then ni jia. your comment is insulting and borderline discriminatory.

It's funny you mentioned truck driver, painter and porter. I have a friend in Canada who is a qualified school teacher but chooses to work as a truck driver. Why? because he makes more money in that profession and enjoys driving. I have another friend who is a painter and a qualified art teacher. As for porter, I also have another friend who is a professional teacher and HIS FAMILY owns a bed and breakfast inn (its like a hotel) he must do many jobs including a porter.

I don't know the city you are in, but for a Foreign teacher to receive a visa in China you must have the teaching qualifications to do so AND PROVE IT. IT'S LAW. China is a very intelligent country with intelligent laws to protect their citizens including the educational aspects. They don't just let any foreigner in to teach. So if I was a chinese citizen I would also be insulted by your comment.

As for children and ruining their future.... that is more of a parental issue. What does that have to do with English?

Oh by the way, Evan, most teachers don't teach for the money. (and in many countries their salary is VERY low) they teach because they love to teach.

p:fireflytech:"I was angry when I wrote my post...I find ni jia's question insulting...
    如果你的老师是外国老师 I'm going to side with your teacher on this one. I don't know him or her but I know what kind of teaching conditions they have in you country (which I don't want to get into for certain reasons) and I think any teacher who is far way from their native homeland and trying to teach other people english is 100% in my books. "
    tell us what kind of teaching conditions they have in China,you know?
    do you think be DOUBTed or Disagreeed i's insult for a teacher? then how do you be a teacher ,or
    a Majesty is better?
    my advice to nijia:if your teacher belong to this sort,tell your view to him direct,no heasite!
    if he/she is not bad,you can hint him/her though your question,
    cause for a good and responsible teacher :question,is the best respect or suggest.

to the fireflytech:

Hehe, I totally understand your feeling when seeing my comments, but no matter how strong you feel you are insulted, it's not by me, but by the guys in your circle!

I've personally seen a so called Foreign Teacher can barely speaking english, but teaching in a kindergarten! When I saw him at the gate, I can't help coming up and talk with him a little bit, and very difficult I finally understand that he's from somewhere of southeast Asia and didn't even formally learn ENGLISH at all.

One more example, a friend of my freind, he'd ever organised a english course here, for utmostly lowering the costs, he indeed ever really hired a painter and a porter, I don't know where they really from, but obviously not native english, here teaching people english!!! And one more, in a technology school, this time it's native english, he's from Australia, for around half an hour on his class, I can not find a bit quality as a teacher but noticed that he's giving class with his fly open!!

I don't know how your friends are doing their work in teaching, but what I saw are quite terrible, I really doubt if a real english speaker can understand what their students say, when they finish their course feeling quite confident.

I said no offense to all these jobs, but just point to the guys who's misguiding the learner!!! I have many friends from both domestic and abroad, they are all doing very normal jobs, and we have great time together all the time. What's the opint of my comments, is telling you teaching is a glory work and a teacher greatly influences his students, one should be quite serious when taking on this job.

More to the fireflytech:

And regarding your another point: how sad it is! somebody is really insulted but obviously not by my comments, but by some one who ever did/ and stil doing urgly things.

With no doubt I'm quite honored as a Chinese, I love our country!! but just because of the love I have to my country, I feel hurt when someone's humiliating our great honorable nation!

And no need you flattery, I know China is an intelligent country, but she's not that intelligent/perfect to make no mistakes ever. What's funny is that today I feel it just on the opposite, there are qutie amount of our fellows are misguided by their intelligence and then got lost in the flood of rapidly growing economy!

If there're poisons in our food, then what makes you so sure there're no rascals among the Foreign Teacher teams?

that's the reason for different culture.
    most foreiger teach in China for language is their advantage,meanwhile they are lack of
    culture and native language,in my opinion,before a teacher,your should be a good student.
    a Chinese saying:教一滴水,得要准备一桶.
    good communication and understanding is very important.
    today,how many foregn teacher in China can speak or explain in native?
    teaching is not teach,it's the process of give and receive,
    learning just order change.

well first of all to SUNNY. english schools in CHINA DON'T WANT their Foreign Teachers to speak in CHINESE during class. HOWEVER, if permitted, I CAN TEACH AND AND EXPLAIN IN NATIVE ( IN CHINESE). I know the grammar terms and can associate chinese and english structures. i would be VERY HAPPY If i could speak in Chinese while teaching english! I guess SUNNY has never been to an english school in china. Many STUDENTS (AND THERE PARENTS IF THE STUDENTS ARE CHILDREN) would be angry if I spoke in English during class time. You are right about teaching in china as being give and receive. I give my students my knowledge of english, and they receive it. What they do with it is up to them.

I would love to comment on the teaching conditions in China. However, I'm in China. Ask me again when I'm back in Canada.
    I think I got most of what Sunny said as Sunny english is poor and I really don't have time to correct it. I would rather focus my time on English as a second language students that would actually welcome my teaching. Which is over 600 students. That is how many students I teach a week. I started with 50 and now have 600 so I must be doing something right.