I'm planning to teach English in China, any good suggestions on where? Please provide information, thanks

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    (Hello~stephen.I've never chatted with you before but i'm looking forward to.lol.)
    I think it depends on these several following questions that you need to answer:
    1.What's your purpose of coming to China and teach English here?To know more about the real Chinese culture or simply want to change a place to stay and associate with people from different backgrounds?(if the first, i suggest you to come to the small cities in China, like Fuzhou, Xiamen etc,because they are less influenced by the western atmosphere and cultural,hence they are closer to the real chinese society. If the second, cities like Beijing and Shanghai would be a good choice..but it's almost like living in Newyork..expensive,stressed and competitive, more international and more amusement.)
    2.How about your educational qualifications? In some small cities in China, any normal English native speakers can come and be a teacher due to the lack of native speakers, and i'm sorry to mention this but some of them are just trash~! If you are well-educated and want to associate with people who are nice and knowledgeble, i suggest you to go to an University in China.
    3.It's ok to know some about the way we chinese people associate with other people but i hope you can stay just the way you are and don't be chinesenized(lol,i invented that word myself ..just like don't be westerNIZED~!hahaha) The same with your accent, just talk like talking with ur friends in America, i feel sad to find most native speakers are speaking to the chinese in a chinglish way, they choose the words that can be understood by chinese students here.but the point isP:we need to learn real english~!
    Please add me on MSN :english53mia@yahoo.com.cn if you want to have a further talk on this or anything else. Hope what i've said is helpful to you.
    Mia

may be you Can go to university ,To be a Foreign Language Professor

Or Set up an English language classes.

i want to become your students。 嘿嘿

talk about it on MSN when i see you online next time.
    u should come to shenzhen city-an open, enthusiastic,young,prosperous
    zone full of all the beauties from the nation and golden money. u would get your career success here
    i think you can go to university or college,it is may be more fun .if you go to high school or something,it seems that make one tired. then you need choose which place to teach.i suggest you come to hangzhou ,because it is really a beatiful city ,have heard West Lake ,it is in hangzhou ,another reason is i am in hangzhou .

in my opinion,u can go a less foreigners place,In that case, your competitiveness on the small number of. Or Set up an English language classes.yes,it's a good idear.
    u can chat with me : parisa_1986@yahoo.cn

welcome to shenzhen there are many people want to study english

OOPT

We need a English teacher who can speak veritable American English!
    I am in Guangzhou(广州) now, our college lacks for foreign teachers!
    Contact me if you have interest!

welcome to chengdu~~
    the food here is fantastic, and people in chengdu are very nice.
    there is beautiful scenery, beautiful girls and many historical sites.
    there is a saying, 自古巴蜀出文人, which means there have been a lot of literatis since ancient time.
    there are also many other interesting places in sichuan. it's very convenient to travel around chengdu.
    besides, the weather here is good. the air is a little bit wet so people here have very good skin.
    there are many language training schools, universities and colleges. you can easily find a job here.

do u know me?
    i am shelley,i think u need more experience and u can learn from other foreign teacher in China,anyway welcome to China!

first of all, which kinda education have u get? university or college may ask for some certificate. if you don't, try some english trainning school. once u pass the interview, u may get one year contact (it depends) as well as working visa. last but not the least, what do you want? to get money, to learn Chinese culture or to travel around?

Hello, Stephen. i am excited that you will come to China for teaching English. I am teaching in a vocational college, and now we are looking for a foreign teacher to teach English because the former foreign teacher went back to her country. The school is in Zhucheng City in Shandong Province, which is near to Qingdao. By the way, can you speak some Chinese? If you are interested in it, you can contact me by emailing me to: shufangliu196809@yahoo.com.cn Good luck!

i think i can go to a university to be the english teacher , go to a Private school or an exclusive school . In the university u will be a teacher who welcome and u will make friends with them; in the private school or an exclusive school u can earn more money .After all ,welcome to china.
    Nothing else, everybody seems got this question compeleted. If i have to chose one, i would chose Mia for almost every aspect being considered under any situations.

So good luck, man.
    Olive.