What do you respect people for?

If you do, then for what values? I ask especially my arabic friends, because maybee there is a huge (cultural?) difference between us. Just let me know.

For learning: Arabic

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    for their morals

I respect people if they are intelligent. Or, if they're not intelligent that they are at least sane enough to admit it and stay away from intellectual conversations.
    Unfortunately to Harregarre's point of view less intelligent people deserve life, knowledge and happiness. Hitler would have been so proud to have a son like Harregarre. Would you kill your retarded child Harregarre? Me not! I'd rather turn my arrogant son to biofuel.

I respect people primarily for their peacefulness; as king David says : "with those seeking peace i was peaceful".

@Vasilis: Being peaceful is a sign of intelligence. Why did you immediately associate it with other things? I think that says more about you than about me. :)

Respecting others implies respecting my self in first degree.

For Morals and respecting and understand other(Mody-itlktiv) ..have good thinking , not mean or selfish, generous,equitable,clear and say truth always

for their honest.

my grandma:
    diligent,kind,quite,wisedom.
    I respect people who believe in what they say, people who love children and care for the elderly, people who think that there is a place for different opinions, people who can smile even when life is very hard, people who are strong but do not show their strength until necessary, people who know more than myself and can teach me something.