why do men prefer skinny girls, even if they re ugly, instead of an overweight girl who got a pretty face

i want to undertsand, why slim girls, even if they re not goodlooking, can find men easier than a girl who is a bit over weight, but has a pretty face and a sparkling personlaity. its not fair, why do men just consider the body, if i was looking for a man , i wudnt rul ehim out if he was a bit overweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Mostly I think it's the fault of the media. They keep telling/showing us that skinny is beautiful. That we should buy their products in order to look like the people who THEY say embodies perfection.

In older days, in many cultures, men liked chubbier girls because that meant that they were rich enough to be able to eat in excess.

Even when you look at statues from classical Greece, the women weren't sculpted "toned and skinny", they were curvy, and beautiful.

I'm not condoning obesity, by the way. There is a limit... anything after that limit is just not healthy.

Interesting question....
    well i dont think i will neglect a pretty FAT girl if she is having a "Sparkling" personality .
    the most important thing that i look for, in a PERSON is their personality and "Attitude"....
    attitude will be the first thing..!!

and coming to your question, most men feel ashamed to go out with a FATTY as they fear of getting insulted by their friends or any persona round.....maybe you dont know how good people are at making other's cry !!!!!!!!

but i do like fat girls,
    i mean Plump..........(not too fat)

I guess a big part of it is what Bitter just said. People might gossip like: "Oh, perhaps he's a really annoying guy because he can only get fat girls."

just it s destiny

its all about the way of thinking of mens....they thoughts that slim girls are more inteeligent,active etc.....................however this is wrong fatty r too but they have their own downward feelings towards her personality that made difficult 4 them..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i am agree with xademloosx's idea.
    in chinese history---tang dynasty, people thought women should be a little plump..........so every pretty was a little fat in our modern person's eyes.even the most beautiful queen , she is plump and loved most by our men at that time.
    so the public point of view is very important .
    i am a little chubby, but i don't care, just to be myself .this is most important.

right... skinny girls are sexier than fat ones..
    to get fat is easy, to keep being skinny is pretty dificult... it means skinnies make a lot to be liked..

I think that the way media portrays women is to blame. Now women look to film stars as their role models who can afford a lot of cosmetic procedures to keep them looking thin & ' desirable'.

well where i live there are LOTS LOTS AND LOTS of "fat" girls. by fat i mean they hav eto weigh like 200 pounds or something which is like 70 grams i think but i dont know the metric system well so i cant say. but anyways they are the ones who get the men..... not just for 1 night but for life. i think thata skinny girls get men for 1 night but have a hard time finding someone for life because the men are more focused on getting lucky than they are marrying her. also i find it hard for men here to take a skinny girl seriously. a skinny girl doesnt party they think that she is unable to walk... not that she chooses not to party. so nice girls even if they are skinny get bad reputations. fat girls men want to marry because they dont have to worry about other men wanting or taking her away from them or the girl cheating. from my point of view i like short men that are no bigger than 5 feet and 7 inches ( 5 feet 6 inches is perfect) and that are mid eastern, indian, or asian.... when i go for guys i dont care if they have perfect bodies although they cant be too big... i go for great personality and smartness. body means little.

beacuse the men like girls thin
    because of global crisis....just kidding.............. slim is more healthier rather than overweight girl...but it is on men if he like a slim girl or a overweight girl.

Well, I am not a man so I can not answer as such, but I will just say what I think. ^^ I don't know that men actually do prefer what you say. Perhaps some do, some don't. In any case, I think that outside of personal peculiarities neither too thin nor too fat is desirable to either a woman or a man. We are programmed genetically to look for a "healthy" mate. Many physical signs show health, such as: shiny hair, bright eyes, rosy cheeks, clear skin etc. Health is also shown by one's body weight. Generally, being healthy means you will be neither painfully skinny nor overweight. However, there are of course exceptions to that as well. People are born with different body types (and bone sizes vary); so some people even if they appear very thin or overweight, that may be their natural healthy body. I think for both sexes there is someone out there who will like your type and like you for you. It is best not to worry too much about things like this and just try to be a good person and take care of yourself. Keep that personality sparkling! Maybe people see the body first, but that doesn't last; who you are inside is what lasts. :D

Hey wait, WHO SAID THAT BOYZ PREFER ONLY SKINNY GIRLZ and not the one who r justa bit overweight with a pretty face!!!! You know what ? I simply simply simply HATE skinny girlz and i exclusively LOVE girlz who are a bit overweight and prettier. I always get turned at those types of girlz and not the skinny skeletony looks like girls coz i believe this skinny ones are tooooooo delicate to handle while the others are tooooooo hot to handle. Am i right?????

Because a relationship can only hold one fat at the time! no seriously. It's because of the media and more guy's are worried about what their friend will think. However, i think the perception of skinny=pretty is changing already, even in the media. Nobody ( not me at least ) want's a girl with no meat on herself!

Ask Mika if you don't believe me!