What is the best way to find a job as an English teacher in China? 在中国我怎么可以找到英语老师的工作?

Hello everyone,

Early next year I will be going to China, I want to find a job there as an English teacher. I prefer not to work in Shanghai or Beijing, so in a smaller city.
So what is a good way to find a job as an English teacher in China, i prefer to sign a contract or find a job before I go to China.

Thank you for your help!

大家好,
我明年去中国,我在中国想教英语,我不想去北京还是上海。我怎么可以找找这个工作?我想去中国以后找到工作。
谢谢你们帮我!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I am an english teacher in China. If you plan to visit china before you start a teaching job (which I think is best as you can see the schools up close) don't forget these points. When you visit china you will have an L visa (a tourist visa). To work in china you need a Z or F visa. to obtain a working visa you will need to leave china and apply at a chinese embassy in another country. Or go to Hong Kong. An L visa can't be changed to a Z/F in china. Also to get a Z/F visa (Z is better by the way) You will also need an invitation letter from the school. So make sure the school can offer you this letter (written by a government officer in the province you will live in). Sometimes they can't and they get waiguo teachers from other schools. You will also need a medical test. That test is done in china during the first 30 days you are here as an english teacher. in those days the school will register you with the local police and you will get a resident permit for the city you will work in. the school should know this but if not you should remind them of this. :-) this permit is very important. as the Z/F visa only gives you 30 days in China.

中国很缺少外教,北京上海,可能很多。但是别的地方都比较缺少,但是当外教确实有时觉得很孤独(建议去一些有名的学校就不觉得了,上面的几所学校确实是最佳选择),但是快乐也是很多的。

Every school may need English teacher.If you call them one by one,surely you can find many offers in a short time.Maybe it sounds a little stupid,but it works when there is no other way.

I think there are some overseas teaching organizations in both US and UK. Two of my foreign teachers were from that organization and they tought us in Xi'an. And I think it is great for you to go to other cities cause the students there need more help and support for learning both English and Dutch.

如果你愿意的话,可以来我们江苏,也许你会喜欢上这个地方的哦~~~我们学校也有外教,大家相处的很融洽,加油哦~~~
    If you wish, you can come to Jiangsu, maybe you will love this place ~ ~ ~ Oh, we also have foreign teachers in schools, we get along very well, fighting
    if you hope find as an English teacher in china , maybe you gone to Sichuan , there is very friendly , maybe you will love here ... :) my english very worst ... don't you know my means

It said that our school,Minjiang University, short of foreign teachers.And I think Fuzhou is a good city.May you can try.
    我们学校有外教,但还没有会说中文的外教呢。

why dont u want to shanghai ?here has good chance to foreigner to teach english,as far as i know,such as WEIBO ENGLISH,it is very easy to be hired.i can give u there contract way,if u want to shanghai~

我倒觉得不一定要去特别好的学校,我的学校很差,也有不少外教.
    中国倒也不缺外教,尤其是大城市,而且薪水方面的待遇也和别的发达国家有差距.
    我推荐你来西安,西安是著名的古都和旅游城市,如果你对中国的古文明和历史感兴趣,你不妨来西安看看,哪怕只是旅游.
    并且这里居住和生活着很多来自世界各个国家的外国人,你来了也不会感觉到孤单.
    不过我希望不要只要是个会说英语的外国人就来中国教英语,还是要有一定水平或者教书资格的.我是中国人,母语是中文,会一定的英语,我估计我也不能出去教中文.中国有句话叫切莫误人子弟,教育孩子应该是一件很严肃的事情.
    I am a teacher in Changsha, Hunan Province, which is also a nice place to go.
    If you want to come, you may first check some information available online.

你可以打电话联系学校相关部门或者投简历到中国一些学校里面去。
    看你想选择哪个学校了吧,听说要到中国办理《中华人民共和国外国人就业许可证书》(大概是这个,只是听说,具体的你要问问),不同的学校也有不同的要求,在别的网络上看到有人这样说:国际TESOL协会认证的国际英语教师职业资格证书INTERNATIONAL TESOL进入中国,代表的是英语教学技能的国际标准,TESOL证书的出现正是迎合了市场对优秀外语教师的需要。
    具体的我觉得你应该到中国后选择你喜欢的城市,然后到那个城市的教育部门咨询相关信息吧。或者选择一些在中国比较有名的外语教育机构,比如新东方外语学校,韦恩外语等等之类的地方咨询一下吧。
    以上只是个人观点,具体的事情还要自己去专门机构咨询一下。
    你要来中国交英语,就必须在中国考取一个证书好像是教师的资格证什么的。这样才可以教书

hey , do u know Weihai? its a beautiful seaside city. Would u like to work there? i am collage student there,and at the same time i have a part time job to work in a language school. In that school,we have some foreign teachers,but we still need more .Are u interested?

For your question ,you can find a good job in Guangdong Province.Guangdong needs a lot of foreign teachers to help people to improve their English. I am a student from Guangdong University of Foreign Studies. Here ,you can find your job.