Culinary arts: what is the most famous food in your country?

Tunisia is a small country. But, you will be amazed at the big variety of dishes when you enter Tunisian restaurants: tajjine, mloukhia, rouz bellallouch, kouskous, klaya, kaftajji, marqet jelbana, madfouna, mossli, slata meshwia, mermez, and the list goes on and on...
One of the most famous, however, is a "triangular envelope of crispy pastry containing a whole egg, minced parsley and onion". It is called "brik". Don't forget to ask for one (or maybe two ;)) when you visit Tunisia!
What about the food in your country? Which dishes are the most famous?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    guys all the meals that u mentioned about sounds worth tasting :))) yummmmm :)))
    i am from Turkey and there are kinds of Turkish meals... most of the meals from the east of Turkey includes meat and butter in it while the western part of Turkey mostly prefers vegetables and olive oil, and in middle anatolia leguminous seeds are mostly used in meals. Bread is so important for Turks, it is nearly impossible to see a Turkish meal table without bread! :))) Kebap, döner, iskender, sarma, dolma, börek r the most famous dishes that comes to my mind instantly. Baklava, künefe, lokma, aşure, sütlaç r the some of the most famous Turkish desserts. If i start to introduce all these kinds of meals of Turkey, it can become a book. So unfortunately, i can only mention their names here so if u r curious u can make a little search about them and even taste them.
    Bon apetite! = Afiyet olsun! :)))
    Enjoy ur meal ;)

Привет! Ах! Очень хочу попробовать "Brik"!!! :))) Очень люблю петрушку, лук! Мои друзья, которые приезжали с визитом в мою страну, запомнили вкусный русский суп "Борщ", русские пельмени, вкусные блины со сметаной, татарские пироги треугольной формы и узбекский плов. Всё эти блюда очень вкусные и сытные. Приезжайте ко мне в гости. Я сама для вас приготовлю эти вкусные блюда!

Hi! Ah! Very want to try "Brik"!!! :))) I like parsley, onion! My friends who came to visit my country, remembered delicious Russian soup "Borsch", Russian dumplings, delicious pancakes with sour cream, pies Tatar triangular shape and Uzbek pilaf. All these dishes are delicious and nourishing. Come to my guests. I is for you to prepare these tasty dishes!

in china, different province has different dishes....so many knids
    but there are several kinds are very famous, such as"chuan cai","yue cai","xiang cai","lv cai","min cai","su cai","zhe cai","hui cai"...
    In India it depends to the region !!
    For eg. in Punjabi cuisine >> Naan and many spicy meat dishes are famous.
    Some veg. dishes which are famous is : Muttar panneer ; Shahi Korma ; Peeli Dal ; Daal Makhani

Hydrabadi Rice biryani from south is very famous

In South Dosa,Vada,Idili are quite famous.

The list is exhaustive ....

In Brasil the food most famous is the "feijoada" which is made with pig´s meat, rice and black beans. It was created by african slaves.
    The "pizza" (italian food) is also famous here, it´s a pasta stuffed with cheese, tomatoes, ham and others ingredients.

too many in China.
    in my city, Beijing Duck is very famous. I like it very much.

There's "shao long bao" in shanghai!! yum yum hehe

American fast food (KFC and McDonalds) are all over the world. Although they're not healthy foods, they're definitely the most well-known. There will always be a market for convenient, cheap, salty, and fatty.

For a taste of "America", I would recommend various regional fish dishes. Walleye cheeks (in the midwest) where I live, Some catfish in the south, salmon in the northeast. . .

Arepas are the most typical food in Venezuela. It is an easy food that you can make in only a few minutes. Arepas are made of corn flour. They are like bread in other countries. You can eat them anytime, everywhere and with whatever you want. You can find arepas in small restaurants called areperas. If you go to Venezuela, don't miss the opportunity to go to one. They are places where you can eat only arepas, with whatever you want—cheese, jam, meat, chicken, pork, eggs, etc. And you can find it in other countries too as colombia!... Enjoy La Arepa!
    Adobo

The food of Dominican Republic is a culinary treat that no person should miss.
    Those who believe the Dominican Republic serves typical Caribbean cuisine, guess again. With a plethora of fresh seafood, fruits, vegetables, and meats, the Dominican Republic blends culinary styles from Latin America, Spain, and France. As a result, the dishes are an amazing blend of flavors, mild spices, and varying textures.
    Unlike the chain stores in many countries, the Dominican Republic prides itself on selling fresh ingredients from their local markets. Typical foods are sweet potatoes, goat meat, pig meat, fresh saltwater fish, shellfish, mangoes, papayas, plantains, cassava melon, coconuts, citrus fruits, tomatoes, and passion fruit. Given the abundance of high quality foods, it is not surprising that locally prepared dishes are delightful treats.
    Sancocho, a delightful soup filled with huge chunks of meat and vegetables, is served for many meals. The soup usually contains pork or beef and then onions, sweet potatoes, potatoes, yucca root, plantains, cassava root, and broth.Pastel en Hoja blends marinated meat cubes with other ingredients and then slowly steams the mixture inside banana leaves...Fish steamed with vegetables in coconut milk.
    For dessert, fried portions of dough similar to Churros or fresh fruit are both extremely popular.

The most famous food in my country ( Brasil) is called FEIJOADA, known wherever you go. It's the trade mark of the traditional Brazilian culinary.
    Everybody loves FEIJOADA.
    Would you like to try it?
    I can give the recipe.
    Regards

hi dear Rosalia,
    in my country(Sicily) the best foods are "Pasta con le sarde", "sarde a beccafico", "arancini",pane e panelle", "cannoli siciliani", "cassata siciliana","torrone di nocciole,mandorle,arachidi","stigghiola", "trippa", beef of varius animal, varius fishes, but this are only some dishes of my country becouse in the history Sicilia have very much domination, in pratice all dominations that was in Mediterranean sea, and therefore each of this have enriched our cuisine. If you have curiosity about anyone of this dishes ask at me and i will give at you explanation.
    by by dear
    In my country the most famous is "ADOBO".For the desert or refreshment,we have "halo-halo".

Mexico's globally known dish is"tacos" you'll find plenty of tacos' stands if you come, people eats tacos because they're cheap and tasty, and they're prepared in several ways, there are dozens of styles, served with: pork, beef, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and many other delicious ingredients you'll find that you can't eat just one.The mexican cuisine is one of the richest ones you can find lots of tasty dishes besides tacos, some examples of traditional dishes could be:tamales, atole, panzita, arroz con leche,chiles en nogada, enchiladas, entomatadas, enfrijoladas, platanitos al horno.Every region has a special dish.
    On my state the most famous dish is called "tlayuda" which is a giant "tortilla" served with meat, beans, onion, tomatoes and a piece of meat inside.We also have a great variety of drinks:agua de horchata, de cebada, de piña. They're all refreshing and really tasty.