should I learn chinease to learn korean?

I think that korean language is based on chinease in general, or at least that's what I've read so do I have to learn chinease to understand more korean????

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Nope. Learning Chinese language is a different matter from picking up traditional Chinese characters, balsamine. If you were an intermediate or advanced Korean learner, I would have said "Learning traditional Chinese characters, this may help you see how some Korean words derived from traditional Chinese characters." However, we rarely use Hanja in our own daily lives as 果報者 has pointed out. For this reason, I don't think you should pick up those characters to learn Korean as long as you don't want to learn something that you'll have no opportunity to use with your Korean. As for me, I have a certificate to read/write about 5000 letters of those characters, but I feel like... some of them are leaving me because I have no choice to use it in Korea.
    Let's see a couple of words.
    치과(齒科, the dentist's)
    치통(齒痛, a toothache)
    You would be able to notice 치 is related to one's teeth without trying your best.

Korean almost has nothing to do with Chinese in its grammar, except for many loanwords that borrowed from Chinese language. Chinese grammar may be easier than Korean to a certian extent, while Chinese characters are considered harder than Korean hanguls. If you only wanted to learn Korean, it would be of little help for you to learn Chinese as an intergradation or a bridge towards Korean. That's true. & Korean people don't like to write Hanja (漢字) in daily life, because they much prefer Hangul to Chinese characters, though Chinese characters are, sometimes, also very necessary in some important documents.

I don't think so^_^ I can write just 1 to 10 and Sunday to Saturday in chinese font,
    but have no problem in Korean.
    Eeek T,T

Chinese is using as the origin of some vocabulary but it's not necessary for learning Korean. I think we don't use it as much as Japanese or some other coutries in Asia do. Moreover we seldom use the font and never use the sound.. I recommand you to learn basic Korean first, and learn some basic Chinese that are using the most in Korean after that.
    You don't have to do that, definitely.