What kind of criteria do you look for in a friend?

As the chinese saying goes, "在家靠父母,出外靠朋友". We need friends. Friends play an important part of our lives. How do you choose your friends? How do you define "friend"?

Answers

im looking for friend who is true.. i wanted a friend that never lies., i needed a friend who'll stay..

Someone who is always there for you.
    LULZ CORNY.

I would choose someone who is sincere, trustworthy, caring, a good listener and comfortable to talk with.
    I cherish genuine friendship.
    The proverb that goes "A friend in need is a friend indeed"
    Loyal and trustworthy.

Wow Estevan, that's another deep question from you again :D

My answer is pretty simple. One word. Sincerity.
    Why? When one is sincere about being your friend, he will do what he needs to do as a friend
    (at least I think so^^ ).

I hope my friend is kind ,won`t hurt his friend forever,and respect anybody around him. This is my basic criteria of looking for friends.

I usually want a friend that you can spill all your secrets too and you know that they wont tell anyone....so yeah a true friend
    Someone who is mature and shares the similar views and opinions

im looking for a friend who is loyal,kind and true.

Friends might come and go in your life, they might make you laugh and cry, but most importantly of all they love you for who you are. It doesn't matter what a person looks like or what kind of clothes they wear, but it's what's on the inside that counts. It's the actions they take, no matter how big or small, to show you how much of a good friend they are, and being there for you no matter what, even when things are incredibly important!

Be good and make friends!!!

A friend is a place we can lean on when we are sad, happy, bored, tired and even angry. they share with us their feelings. we know their emotions , even they don't tell. So In my opinion, there is no criteria to looking for a friend. They have their own characters. We are friends just because we feel that we have the same hobbies , the same things or even the completely opposite things. But they still listen to you, beside you when needed.