Little dialogue

Hey, I have made a little dialogue, to practice. I'de appreciate it if you could see if there are errors (and I'm pretty sure there are =) )

-dzień dobry, w porządku?
-bardzo dobrze, i ty?
-też. Doczekiwasz na autobus albowiem pragnąć?
-Tak, ale ten autbus nie przychodzi.
-(really?) ? Studnia idę iśc
-Zgoda. Do zobaczenia
-Tak

(in English)
(Hello, how are you?)
(Very good, and you?)
(I'm good too. Have you been waiting for the bus for a long time?)
(Yes, but the bus isn't coming)
(Really? Well, then I'm going to walk)
(Ok. see you)
(yes)

For learning: Polish

• 0   
  • -
  • Nov 29, 2008
  • 4 answers
  • 1165 views

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I'm gonna show you, how the dialogue could look in every-day language. Władcamuch30 has showed you a proper translation translation, but it still sounds like it'd be in a textbook. I'll do it more colloquialy. It's hard to catch the drift at first but it will often come in handy if you do. So here we go:

- Cześć, co tam?
    ('Cześć' can be replaced with: 'sie ma', 'sie masz', 'elo', 'hej'; 'co tam' can be replaced with: 'jak tam', 'jak leci', 'co tam u ciebie')

- Dobrze, a u ciebie?
    ('dobrze can be replaced with: 'spoko', 'ok', 'w porządku'. In this place people often say what happened in their live recently.)

- Też. Długo czekasz?
    (You can say "na autobus" - "for the bus" but it is not necesssary, and even sounds a bit strange)

- No
    (The most colloquial answer possible. 'No' means 'yes' in Polish and you articulate it like english "noh". You can also say: 'no, długo', 'no, ale coś nie przychodzi/przyjeżdża')

- Dobra, musze lecieć.
    ('musze lecieć' can be replaced with: 'spadam', 'znikam', 'lecę')

- Ok, na ra.
    ('Na ra' is an abbravation from "na razie'. You can use both versions.)

The 'yes' should be omit.

NOTE: The dialogue can appear only between two people who know each other. You cannot ask strangers "how are you" 'couse you will recieve strange looks from them ^^. It doesn't work like in english.

To be honest its completely wrong and illogical.Sometimes u write sth like "go going" ;)
    -Cześć,jak się czujesz/Cześć co u Ciebie słychać? (u write normally słuchać means listen but u can use it for get information how sb feel and what happened to him last times)
    -Bardzo dobrze, a Ty?
    - U mnie też dobrze. Długo czekasz na autobus?
    -Tak ale autobus coś nie przyjeżdża.
    -Naprawdę?Cóż, więc ja zamierzam się przejść.
    -Dobra.narazie.
    -Tak? ;)

In polish bus isnt coming but driving to some place.
    "Doczekiwasz na autobus albowiem pragnąć" - there isnt such word us doczekiwasz in polish.Oczekiwać - Czy Ty oczekujesz-but when u expect sth what will happend but if u wait for sth u should use "czekać"- Czy Ty czekasz. So u wrote "Expect for bus because desire" and albowiem isnt word which most ppl are using.Its more official or poetic word or when u r talking about some "wise things" not about common situations.\
    Studnia idę iść - its rly fun xD hehe u wrote "well(this object from which ppl are taking water mostly in anchient times ;>) well im going go. So u use idę - go, in present time and then this same verb in infinitive.
    Ok it will this.I hope i explained it well ;>

From my teaching experience, I can see that you either used a dictionary (and overused it actually) or a translating software (overused it as well). You have to remember that there are words that have the same spelling but different meaning depending on the context. Another thing is that there so called pleonastic expressions (one that share no meaning and has only a grammatical function assigned).

well -> 1. studnia (a deep hole in the ground from which water, oil or gas can be obtained), 2. dobrze (ADVERB) - from good, 3. exclamation used to introduce something you are going to say (you can omit it)

going to - cannot be translated literally!!!

Poprawne tłumaczenie brzmi:

Hello How are You - dzień dobry,jak się masz?
    Very good and yuo - bardzo dobrze a Ty?
    Have you been waiting for a bus a long times? Czy będziesz długo czekał na swój autobus?
    I'm going to walk - pójdę pieszo

More open questions for learning Polish