Why is T-bane called T-bane?

This question may sound a bit stupid..but I am wondering why the underground/subway system in Norway is called T-bane, could anyone from Norway tell me why? Takk!

For learning: Norwegian

Answers

From the memory of my childhood I think bane is like a way or pathway. It might be short for Train Path or Transient Path or Travel Way ect.

Those are just my ideas, I don't know why though. I will ask my sister a more accurate translation of bane since she isn't lame like me and forgotten the language ;)

:) question for fun... T-bane - could be Troll-Bane , in ex.Russia we have words TrolleyBUS...but Troll is a mystic HERO... and what about JERN-bane, here is much simple... in the case of germans T-bahn must become a Zug-Bahn ... :) fun games