what do you think about america?- americans

do you like americans? do you like america? why or why not? i want to know the truth because i want to try to understnad how others think. there is not a such thing as a wrong or mean answer. i like american becuase we allow anyone to become a citezen and prosper if they are willing to work hard, but i hate america for becoming too involved in foreign affairs and for some of the things in the past. ^_^ honesty is appreciated!!!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    why americans dont love muslims ? why they call every muslims terrorists ? is american presidents are gods,so they only can do what they want ? when americans call a man terrorist he becomes terrorists? only americans had mothers and sisters ? afghan war ,iraq war ? iran? korea ?why they want to rob another country in the name of peace ?why americans dont allow to live and prosper citizens of afghanisthan,iraq,palestine etc ? is UN a puppet of America ? why america fear china ?why americans help both pakistan and india ?why they want to create a situation of war there ?why american soldiers dont respect muslim women ?Muslim child not human child ? why they attacks poor african countries and muslims living there ? if hitler is anti jewish,then is bush anti muslim ? why americans badly shows muslims and russians in their films ? why they want to destroy communism and communist countries ? Why Americans use their media against arab countries? Palestinians had no right to live ? Every palestinian is terrorist ? israel? this is -americans"

"Oer the land of the Free and the home of the Brave"-- As they sang it at last sentence of their national anthem.
    I like the United States of America because they advocate freedom and sensitive to human rights. They value democracy which is essential to human liberty, volition, and freedom of speech. They respect your religion, whatever you have as long as you don't kill and terrorize other people and as long as your religion doesn't teach you to kill innocent people. It is a country of multi-culture or the melting pot of the world.I think if there is something wrong with the impression of America probably it is rooted on the person who runs it or the administration who manages. But the United States of America as a whole, established and built its governance by the people and for the people. This is my personal opinion of the United States of America.

No one can deny USA is the most powerfull nation in the world, the most influent as well.And everybody knows that it is the land of freedom and democracy, and the greatness of this country is the fruit of the work of the entire american nation...
    Then fact that the american are hated by many people around the world is due to the political desicions which are not necessarily the decisions of the american themselves.

First, rather say USA than America, because our friends in the other American countries will get angry, hehehe.
    Well, I distinguish between American people and the American government. There are good fellows there & bad one's too, as any spot on this earth. the social structure there is kinda mosaic, a cocktail of race cultures, religions ...etc. in the other hand the government sucks as any government on this earth, we criticize it just because it's USA the #1 in the world, and it has an influence on almost all the countries. What I don't like in America is that people are too much vulnerable to Mass media unlike European people; the simple citizens are easily manipulated by those who are taking other them, and they don’t know great things about the others.
    Watch this, even if it’s not really objective, but it is worth a laugh, hehehe:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRumTCCoJw

Well. . . speaking for myself, as an American. . . I am pretty great.

I am not so sure about everyone else. . .

Biggest problem here (in USA) is Fundamentalist Christians. They're nuts. They're dangerous, just like Fundamentalist Moslems. They (fundamentalists) should all just pack up and move to the moon. Everyone else should just realize that religion is a fantasy story to keep people poor.

I love this kind of stereotyped question. What do you think of “Americans”. As if there is something that defines Americans. What does it mean? I am American and grew up in America, but lived half my life abroad. A long time ago when I still lived there, I had illusions that my government was lousy in all kinds of ways and a lot of my fellow citizens were uneducated or stupid compared to Europeans or Russians or whatever. Well guess what? It isn’t any different in any other country in this world, and I travelled enough and knew enough people everywhere to say that. I live in Germany now. There are a lot of stupid people here. Also lots of brilliant ones. Violent, hateful, loving, generous, greedy, benevolent, kind, you name it, they are all here. I used to tell my mother, who lives in downtown Denver that I wouldn’t want to live where so many murders take place. She said “Are you kidding? You live among the biggest bunch of murderers in history.” People only see what they want to see. Pointing a finger at “Americans”, or any other “tribe” and saying “they are like that” is giving up your intellect and letting your prehistoric fear of “the others” rule. We are all brothers (sisters for you feminists). Take a good look at the people in the video mentioned by itlktiv above. What do you see? Americans? I see people that came from all the countries of this world. Call them stupid, you call your own people stupid. Look in a mirror, that’s where you will find Americans.

First of all, I'll be honoured to critisize "America" which becomes the dreamLand of the most youth people in the world!.. As (Gravity) said: "it is the land of freedom and democracy" but I always wonder; where is the democracy if the government do what Americans themselves are against it??.. & I'm againt the freedom that allows people to own "legally" fatal tools such as the gun! & against the freedom that deletes your right to have a private life & show you with your underwears in your home at Yellow press (or something like that), against allowing teenagers to have the right for driving under the age of (-18).. is that right?... & I'm also against using teens as naked models in special sites for s** !!! (I read somewhere that it is sawmill!).. & maybe I'm extremist but I'm also against allowing every two(wo&man) to stay in the same room in hotels nomatter they have a relationship or "lovers of the night" thats why i'm also against "single moms" & "single fathers" because I believe every child has the right to have two parents not one!

-/ Bravo for Americans because I believe they are the most educative people & opened ones!
    -/ Bravo for them because with their group-work they built an enormous country
    -/ Bravo for having an opened morality with all races & the ability of Americans to accept each other as different in religions or the nationnality (between brakets)

If I did any mistake please correct me!
    Wanna_learn

Remember that except for Native Americans, the majority of Americans' families are immigrants who left their homeland looking for a better life. My ancestors left China way back when to work the plantations in Hawaii. If you ask any American he will have some story similar. Thus there is NO American race per se. All the immigrants brought their cultures over and you can find Chinatowns, Little Italys, Russia town etc. all over the US. If you came to Hawaii (yes it is America) then went to Butte, Montana then to El Paso, Texas you would find them all to be totally DIFFERENT. Do not generalize America or it's people, it's impossible. We are not all G W Bush idiot clones.
    EVEN IN ITALKI YOU CAN SEE A LOT OF TERRORIST.
    THEY ARE GIVING NEGATIVE SCORES TO PEOPLE HAVING POSITIVE OPINIONS FOR AMERICA.
    THEY JUST GIVE NEGATIVE SCORES BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE ENGLISH, ALL THEY KNOW IS TO GIVE HATE, THAT IS WHAT THEIR RELIGION AND THEIR MAMAS TEACHES THEM.
    YET ON THE CONTRARY THESE IDIOT TERRORISTS ARE LEARNING THE LANGUAGE OF THE COUNTRY THEY HATE. HOW PATHETIC!

IF YOU GIVE A NEGATIVE SCORE ON THIS POST THEN I AM TALKING TO YOU!
    JUST TRY FUCK YOUR BRAINS OFF AND BLAME IT AGAIN TO AMERICA AS WHAT YOUR MAMA AND GOD TEACHES YOU!

@ Emilio: Please tell me that you are joking! You are a typical case.
    -Italki is a free place, where people tell what they are thinking without being arrested by your C.I.A.
    Terrorists for you= the ones who don't agree, how lame your ideology is. That’s why people hate the democracy you do export on B-52 and F-117.
    -Thumbs up or down, I guess that's called democracy. Oups I thought that you do believe in it!
    -Hehehe, a nice joke. People who don't know how to write English understand only the questions about USA (not America dude)! Man, did you ever study logic? If not, I tell you that you uttered a paradox already.
    - I'm learning English which was spoken before the discovery of USA and the extermination of Indian tribes. The pathetic here, is to speak only one language ;-)

P.S. I gave you a thumb down: p and I’m honored, because a great guy like you is talking to me.

@Those who gave me thumbs down:

If you have something to say, write it ! Even your language, we'll translate it...

USA, USA, USA, USA..................

Pure hypocrites !

Then why don't you boycott the internet and more over that, the computers ?
    You can't ! Simply because you're hypocrites...

TO AMERICANS
    CUBAN LEADER - FIDEL CASTRO
    ARGENTINE MARXIST - CHE GUEVARA
    FORMER PRESIDENT PALESTINE -YASSER ARAFAT
    FORMER PRESIDENT IRAQ - SADDAM HUSEIN
    CHINESE LEADER - MAO ZEDONG
    IRANIAN LEADER - RUOLLAH KHOMEINI
    PRESIDENT OF VENEZVELA -HUGO CHAVEZ ,ALL COMMUNIST LEADERS ,ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS.WHO EVER RAISES VOICES AGAINST AMERICANS ARE TERRORISTS.SO AMERICANS ARE TRUE HYPOCRITES.MOST OF THEM FOR OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NATIONAL HEROES.HENCE PEOPLE BELONGING TO OTHER COUNTRIES CAN CALL BUSH OR AMERICANS TERRORISTS.REAL TERRORISTS AND ROBBERS .

iN SOVIET AFGAN WAR AMERICANS USED OSAMA BINLADEN ,AT THAT TIME HE WAS NOT TERRORIST.WHEN HE BECAME AGAINST AMERICA HE BECOME TERRORIST.ABOUT .VIETNAM WAR ? AMERICANS SPLITTED USSR WHICH WAS THEIR NO 1 OPONENT .THEY NOW FEAR CHINA FOR THAT REASON ,SO CREATING AN ENEMY FOR THEM IN ASIA LIKE INDIA BY HELPING THEM.CASTRO,SADDAM,ARAFAT ALL BECOME TERRORISTS FOR PROTECTING THEIR OWN SOIL AGAINST AMERICANS. LOOK AT THE WARS AND DESTRUCTION AFTER WORLD WAR 2 AMERICA HAD THE MOST DIRTIEST HANDS.THIS IS -AMERICA