Whaat do you think is the most effective way to learn a new language?

For learning: Arabic

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    this is not a joke: get a nice, caring and sweet boyfriend of the language desired. if you don't want the whole pack, then my advise is of no use.

Hello Ambrinabelle,
    Here are some tips you can apply to learn a new language. There is not one most effective way, but a variety of methods you could apply together to learn effectively. The most effective way is subjective and differs from one person to the other. Someone could learn more by listening, the other more by visual aids .Anyways combining several methods together will lead to better results.
    Here are some tips:
    -To start learning any language from the scratch you might need to take some initial classes to learn the alphabet , how to pronounce ,basic vocabulary and grammar. You can do that by taking classes in a language institute or by self learning online, although some guiding from a tutor at that early stage is recommended, unless you are able to depend only on audio/video facilities.
    - Then you have to practice and increase your vocabulary through different means such as :
    *Reading at your level of comprehension simple texts or books and looking up new words .
    * Listening to the target language through music and possibly reading the lyrics .
    * Watching movies in that language with subtitles in your mother tongue.
    * Chatting with natives online using voice chats or in real life .Mingling with natives is a very good way to be constantly listening to speech in that language, even if you don't understand at the beginning.

- Make lists of words you learned and categorize them, e.g words you use at the office , words you use at school , greetings etc..
    - Keep a diary in that language. Try to use the new words you learned to write and compose simple sentences .The more you add up to your vocabulary, the more you can form intricate ones. Test your level!.
    -Take a holiday abroad if you can afford in countries speaking the language you are learning. It is an opportunity to practice with natives and learn more about the culture and people.You can sign up in language courses in those countries as well beside visiting its historical and monumental buildings and museums . You will be using guiding phrasebooks to help you get along there. The whole process will help you learn more words, expressions and practice speaking.
    All the above can help you improve your language. Intensifying your efforts will make you improve faster. Concentrating on whatever method you are applying will guarantee you a more steady improvement.
    I hope those tips were helpful.
    Good luck:)

The most effective way is to do a short course in your area. It is most important that you learn from a teacher face to face ,so that you can see how words are formed and pronounced. If you like it, then you may wish to study further in the country of your choice using the 'immersion method'.
    listen songs, news, try to collect a good dictionnery in your head, and try to pronounce correctly, and evoed dialect, and try to know why this word is writen like this and not like this, after that you try to read, after that try to write and speack with personnes
    good luck

Hello Ambrinabelle,
    I guess that the most effective ways to learn new language are:
    1.To watch a movie in that language you want to learn for the first time with translation and repeat it without the translation,but that way it took along time and may be it will be not effective.
    2.The second one and the best one from expert opinion,that is to live in a country that speak that language in native form.
    I hope my information is very helpful to you.

I have tried learning Arabic in many different ways. I think it is best to first get a good base of the letters and how they sound then just listen/watch material. I have found that watching news helps me study Arabic. Studying MSA is a little difficult because it limits what you can watch and listen to (movies and songs are usually not in standard Arabic) If you listen to the language alot it helps in being able to recognize words when you study vocabulary. That being said, i have studied for years on and off and my grammar is not very good. I might have to take classes to improve.

By chatting and practice with polite people