Which ones are the different techniques you apply to learn a new language easly?..=)

For learning: Other

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Hi, when I was learning French, I was taught to use a technique called Mnemonics to link words. This means that you are using images to link a word in your own language with a word in a foreign language.

For example, in learning English/French vocabulary:

* English: rug/carpet - French: tapis - imagine an ornate oriental carpet with a tap as the central design woven in chrome thread
    * English: grumpy - French: grognon - a grumpy man groaning with irritation
    * English: to tease - French: taquiner - a woman teasing her husband as she takes in the washing.

Hello Butterfly,

-The Memory mnemonic technique mentioned by Jura is a very effective one and works very well for many learners, regardless from the mental path they use to create associative relation between words in different languages. There is no standard technique; it is an individual approach and depends on your over time accumulated vocabulary in one language and your ability to bring such a linkage into existence. Languages with many cognates * words that are identical or nearly identical in one language and in another"makes this process much easier.

- Apart from this technique when you start learning a language there will be always about 100 or more very strong words you need in any language to perform a basic conversation. If you start learning those words by creating a list and keep adding words to it, it will establish a solid basis for forming simple sentences and accumulating steadily a
    set of progressive amount of vocabulary.

-It depends also on the language you are learning. Picking a compatible language with similar sounds and word construction instead of one with a buffet of new sounds you cannot distinguish (like Chinese for Latin language speakers) will make the learning process more difficult and the techniques applied of quite a different nature.
    You could apply the deconstruction technique where you expose and analyze the elements of a language: The grammatical structure , the new sounds, fundamental sentence structure, noun cases and how verbs are conjugated. This is a process to pick up the distinctive characteristics of the language making it easier to switch to it and "think the language".

- You could learn also through translation. Get a dictionary and start translating a sentence at a time. You will find difficulty in forming correct sentences at the beginning ,so having a native speaker to help you correct your sentences is essential.This will help you increase your vocabulary and improves your ability to construct sentences.

I hope those tips are helpful.
    Suerte ;)

Well, actually i'm not not yet good in korean but i can say that i learned a lot since i had started. For me, one of the effective way was watching their korean dramas, i listen intently to their words as i read the subtitles. After that, i'll contact my korean friends and ask them about those words and phrases. They are helpful because they can correct and teach me at the same time. I also engaged in learning hangeul, their official handwriting and i loved it.. It's very similar to english alphabets... That's all... Hope my technics would be helpful.

More open questions for learning Other