"Una signora macchina"

Chi sa dirmi cosa significa "una signora macchina"?

Ecco la frase originale:
"In fondo la Simca 1000 è una signora macchina."

Grazie mille.

Additional Details:

Grazie a tutti. In effetti non riesco a distinguire tra "una signora macchina" e "una macchina signora". So solo che in italiano l'aggettivo può seguire il nome ed a volte andare prima, ma insomma i sensi non cambiano troppo, no? Mi elencate delle eccezioni, per favore?

For learning: Italian
Base language: Italian

Answers

Hello D.A,
    Signora = lady, wife
    macchina = car , automobile
    Simca 1000 ( or in french Simca Mille) is a car manufactured by the French automaker Simca from 1961 to 1978.
    It is a small old car so probably "signora macchina" singifica una piccola macchina vecchia o anitca.

sorry to say that cherry is not right.
    "è una signora macchina" is a way to say that the car is very good. yes, it's an old car(i don't know the details) but after all ("in fondo") is a remarkable car!
    byeeee

@ thiago
    mi permetto di dire che "una signora macchina" si riferisce solo alla qualità della macchina senza indicarne la grandezza, non può quindi significare ciò che cherry ha detto.
    senza offesa.

In quella frase il titolo 'Signore(a)' è un aggettivo che significa alcuna cosa come tanto 'grandioso; magnifico; poderoso' quanto un signore(a).
    Pertanto, 'una signora macchina.' = 'un'ottima, ottima macchina.'

@ Fede
    I wasn't talking about 'grandezza', just of the 'qualità' of the vehicle.
    And, about acepting Cherry's sense... Sorry, my mistake. I took 'una signora macchina' for 'una macchina signora', a idiom I had listened to from an italian and that is possible in Portuguese and Spanish too...
    So, I've corrected the earlier answer.

Grazie mille Fede,
    To be honest I was not sure of that answer,thanks for making it clear ;)

Ciao D.A,
    Io penso ,che non ci sono eccezioni .
    I sensi non cambiano in ogni caso.

Well, I can only be certain about Portuguese... But I guess it works the same as Italian.
    It's possible to have an adjective before or after the noun. Normally, an adjective is more likely to have a specific sense accordingly to its position, but it's possible to have the same sense on both sides. Note that there is an emphasis change if the adjective remains with the same sense.
    e.g.
    'Um belo homem' (Un bell'uomo; 'A handsome man')
    'Um homem belo' (Un uomo bello; 'A handsome man')
    'Um homem grande' (Un uomo grande; probably 'A big man')
    'Um grande homem' (Un grande uomo; probably 'A great man', but may still mean 'A big man', specially if you put another certain other adjectives, like in 'Un grande e bruto uomo.')

[Continue below...]

On the other hand, there are (many) adjectives that must be be put in a specific side of the noun to have a specific sense. Otherwise, it'll compulsorily have to change to other sense or lose all its sense (this last case is more common when the change of word order makes the former adjective a noun and the former noun an adjective).
    e.g.
    'Um avião preto.' (Un aeroplano nero)
    'Um preto avião.' (Un nero aeroplano)
    The second sentence simply doesn't make sense... unless in a poetic context, 'preto' and 'nero' turn into nouns and the sentences get screwed because there aren't senses for the adjectives 'avião', 'aeroplano' to fit them here.

'Um senhor carro.' (Una signora macchina; 'A really great car.')
    In these sentences, 'senhor' and 'signora' can't mean 'old', so they get the shown sense.
    'Um carro senhor.' (Una macchina signora; 'An old car.')
    In these sentences, 'senhor' and 'signora' can't mean 'really great', so they get another available sense.

Many times, the sense is so weak by itself that we use an adverb, or the context, etc. to increase the chances of people understanding it.
    'Um carro senhor já'; 'Um carro vovô já'
    (Vovô = grandpa; Já = already. Since the sentence talks about 'oldness' and the adverb about 'time', it's more likely that they match each other than 'time' matching 'quality' - the previous sense.)

Hope I could make you understand and I expect it's the same in Italian.