Could you please tell me the meaning of the phrase "Glad you could make it out"?

Hello,
Could you please tell me the meaning of the phrase "Glad you could make it out"? Are there another way to say it?

Thank you for helping me! :-)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I guess that it depends on the context of the conversation. However, "Glad you could make it out" might be used when you meet friends for a pre-arranged outing/meeting/event. It is like saying "I'm happy that you could come and didn't have anything else that you had to do instead (that nothing stopped you coming).

It also means thanks for coming.

Another example is at a birthday party. The host of the party might say "oh I'm so glad you could make it, it means a lot to have you here". - I'm happy you could be here to celebrate with me. I'm happy to see you here.

I agree with Kayleigh.

"To make it' is a phrasal verb, which often means, "to arrive", "to complete a task", "to fulfill an expectation".

Grad, you can make it !

It is an expression that means " I'm happy to see you here" ( quote from Ms. Kayleigh)

Hello Julia ,

The phrasal verb " make out " has several meanings.
    In your sentence " Glad you could make it out" , 'make out' could be equivalent to some of those meanings as follows :

- comprehend or understand:
    Glad you could make it out = Glad you could understand it

- write all the required information into a form ( in this case " it" refers to the form)
    Glad you could make out the form.

- to come to terms , deal successfully with something , to manage something :
    Glad you could deal successfully with it or
    Glad you could manage it .

- detect with the senses, perceive .
    Glad that you could discern it .