Can portuguese people

Can portuguese people understand spanish people? i always wonder??

For learning: Portuguese

Answers

Most and mostly. But it's very tricky.
    Written is easier than spoken, obviously.

If the person speaks unclearly and with a peculiar rhythm, however, what is very common among Spanish speakers, it may get very hard.

Years ago, I have had talk to the secretary in Spanish at the Portuguese consulate, we understand each other.

Hello Lozan,

I have known quite some Spanish people who spoke or at least understood Portuguese. Both languages are similar.For example I am learning Spanish and I can understand many words and phrases in Portuguese ,so I assume Spanish native speakers will manage to understand even more.

Hehehe I always asked this question too. The answers I got were that it is easier for Portuguese speakers to understand Spanish and Italians but more difficult for the Spanish/Italians to understand the Portuguese. I always wonder why that is too.

When I started to learn Portuguese (although I am still a beginner), my Italian and Spanish songs made a lot more sense to me. It's very strange but I love it!

NO!!!!
    I don't understand a word....