What does this say?

行っている I can read most of it but I'm not sure how to read the kanji at the beginning. Also, if you know, how would you say: 'What the hell are you doing?' In Japanese?

For learning: Japanese

Answers

OOPT

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    行っています can be read in two ways: "itte imasu" or "okonatte imasu." Just the context will decide which one it is.
    "itte" is obviously from iku(go). "okonatte" is from "okonau(do)," which is used instead of "suru" in very formal writing.

For Mark-san, you are almost right:)
    "Itte imasu" could be "will be in Japan" or "be in Japan."
    "Sensei wa ima bakeesyon ni itte imasu."
    The teacher is in vacation now.

Second question, 'What the hell are you doing?'
    It should be extremely impolite and rough, right?
    In Tokyo dialect, "Nani yatterunda!(by male) " or "Nani yattenno! (by female)"
    In Osaka dialect, "Nani yattonnen!(by male or female) "

Other ideas are welcome:)

Well, I think it just says: "itte iru" = 'going'.

Nihon ni itte imasu. -> I will be in Japan.

Although I am, in all fairness, very new to the language myself, I don't think "itte imasu" can be used to mean: "I am currently traveling" (regular Present Progressive). Rather, it denotes the completion of the action: 'have just gone'. Like:

Raishuu watashi wa Nihon ni itte imasu. -> Next week I will be in Japan (lit. 'will have gone' to).

The 'normal' way of saying it would be:

Nihon ni ikimasu. -> I'm going to Japan.

ちひろさん,

When Sensei is on vacation, the gakusei gets bold and tries it himself. :grin:

So, to CottonSocks: listen to Chihiro-sensei! She knows best. :)