What is "entertain" means in the sociological perspective?

this word brings a complicated points among some of my philosophers learner at my campus and took me to find out your opinion related to this case.

For learning: Other

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Hi...
    Your question is complex and rich... It is difficult to analyse here
    So here some meanings for you :
    # (n.) The act of receiving as host, or of amusing, admitting, or cherishing; hospitable reception; also, reception or treatment, in general.
    # (n.) Admission into service; service.
    # (n.) Payment of soldiers or servants; wages.
    # (n.) That which entertains, or with which one is entertained; as: (a) Hospitality; hospitable provision for the wants of a guest; especially, provision for the table; a hospitable repast; a feast; a formal or elegant meal. (b) That which engages the attention agreeably, amuses or diverts, whether in private, as by conversation, etc., or in public, by performances of some kind; amusement.

More open questions for learning Other