Site Feedback

Resolved questions
how to say "my friend" , " his/her friend" in korean???

For learning: Korean
Base language: English
Category: Uncategorized



    Please enter between 2 and 2000 characters.



    Sort by:

    Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    We say "제 친구"(honorific) or "내 친구"(casual) referring to "my friend".

    About "his/her friend", there're some words used differently in different situations.

    If 'he' or 'she' is much older than us, we use the honorific.
    For example, "교수님 친구 분" or "사장님 친구 분" or "엄마 친구 분".

    If 'he' or 'she' is your older friend, you say 철수(name) 형 친구 or 영희 누나 친구.

    If 'he' or 'she' is your younger friend, you say 철수 친구, 영희 친구 or 걔 친구, 쟤 친구, 얘 친구. 걔 = 그 애(short for 그 아이), 쟤 = 저 애(저 아이), 얘(이 아이).

    그(의)/그녀(의) 친구 is used mostly in writing, you'll see these only in books.

    Hailey did great job for explanation. so actually dont need to do again.

    my friend=내 친구=나의 벗
    his friend=그의 친구=그의 벗
    her friend=그녀의 친구=그녀의 벗

    pur korean expression for friend is 벗(or 동무). but mostly we use 친구 for that. and 벗(동무) can be used for written Korean, for novel or poem and so on.

    I hope it could be a lil help for u. have a great evening. :)

    Submit your answer

    Please enter between 2 and 2000 characters.

    If you copy this answer from another italki answer page, please state the URL of where you got your answer from.