Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

What does yeha mean?

I'm not vietnamese and I'm not sure how the romanized version would look. Maybe it's a long e sound? yeeha? yeehow? I've heard this being said a few times and I wanted to know what it meant? thanks!

For learning: Vietnamese

Answers

What you're probably hearing is "vay ha," but depending on the region that the person is from, it can sound like a "y" in the beginning. Vay ha means 'oh really?'

mmmm... lol thanks for the answer :D. to clarify, in the context that it was used (from what i understood -_- haha) that was all that was said... so i don't think "oh really?" would make much sense...? idk... haha it's just driving me CRAZY >_<;; maybe it was like... eeha? eehow? i know the 'e' sound was kind of dragged out...? if that even makes a difference... -0-;;
    haha anyways thanks for trying :D