How to learn Palabras agudas, llanas o graves, esdrújulas y sobreesdrújulas.

For learning: Spanish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    It is all about the syllable with the most force. I'll assume you know how to separate the syllables, but if you don't feel free to message me.

Syllable numbers:
    1-2-3-4

Agudas: The last syllable has the most force. You add the "atilde" if the syllable finishes in N,S, or a vocal. Example: avión, mamá, señor.
    Llanas: The 3rd syllable has the most force. You add the "Atilde" if the syllable doesn't end in n,a, or a vocal. Example: lapiz, mesa.
    Esdrujúlas: The 2nd syllable has the most force. You always add the "atilde". Example: química, analítica.
    Sobreesdrújulas: The 1st syllable has the most force. You always add the "atilde".

To really learn them, I recommend you do atilde exercises and have someone who really knows Spanish correct them to you. :) Hope it helps!

http://www.uamenlinea.uam.mx/materiales/lengua/ortografia-20%20jul/Palaagud.htm

This site is in Spanish. If you want help with it, let me know.

I was taught the "NOSE" rule, being that...

If a syllable is otherwise accented, the stress of a word falls on the final syllable unless the word ends with either N, S or a vowel, in which case the stress falls on the penultimate syllable.