Is there a difference between these two words ( want ) & (need)?

Please write example.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    1. "Want"= desire, not necessity/required. (Example: "I want to eat dessert. I want to drive an expensive car."/ Both eating dessert and driving an expensive car are not necessities in life.)

2. "Need"= necessity (Example: "I need to get a job. I need to eat lunch."/ Both working and eating (in general) are basic necessities in life.)

Sometime people say "need" when they SHOULD say "want." (Example: "I need that car!"/ This is not intended to be literal.)

Hope this helps!

a "Need" tells something about your necessities while "Want" tells something about your preferences or choices.

ex: "I NEED something to drink. I WANT to have a bottle of soft driks."

in order for you to solve your thirstiness, you NEED to drink, then it's up to you what do you WANT to drink.

Hi Dear,
    Yeah There Is difference between these two words ( want ) & ( need )..
    ( want ): 1- Something desired: The child has a long list of wants. 2- Proverty: they have lived in want for many years. 3- A lack: tere's no want of opportunities these days..
    ( need ): 1- To Require: This page needs to be checked again; this page needs checking again; Do you need any help?. 2- To be obliged: You need to work hard if you want to succeed; They don't need to come until six o'clock; She needn't have given me such an expensive present..
    I hope i help dear..Good luck