Is there a difference between these two words ( want ) & (need)?

Please write example.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    1. "Want"= desire, not necessity/required. (Example: "I want to eat dessert. I want to drive an expensive car."/ Both eating dessert and driving an expensive car are not necessities in life.)

2. "Need"= necessity (Example: "I need to get a job. I need to eat lunch."/ Both working and eating (in general) are basic necessities in life.)

Sometime people say "need" when they SHOULD say "want." (Example: "I need that car!"/ This is not intended to be literal.)

Hope this helps!

a "Need" tells something about your necessities while "Want" tells something about your preferences or choices.

ex: "I NEED something to drink. I WANT to have a bottle of soft driks."

in order for you to solve your thirstiness, you NEED to drink, then it's up to you what do you WANT to drink.

:)

Hi Dear,
    Yeah There Is difference between these two words ( want ) & ( need )..
    ( want ): 1- Something desired: The child has a long list of wants. 2- Proverty: they have lived in want for many years. 3- A lack: tere's no want of opportunities these days..
    ( need ): 1- To Require: This page needs to be checked again; this page needs checking again; Do you need any help?. 2- To be obliged: You need to work hard if you want to succeed; They don't need to come until six o'clock; She needn't have given me such an expensive present..
    I hope i help dear..Good luck