About making K a fricative

I've noticed the "k" is sometimes softened in spoken Tagalog, eg. "astig ako" sounds like "astig aho". Is this common in Filipino speech, or a habit of only certain regions and dialects? Or is this done in certain spoken contexts?

Additional Details:

Thanks RSagum! I was wondering if it was a regional habit. I noticed certain Italian dialects (eg. Toscano) also do the same thing, but making K into an H is unthinkable to English speakers.

Basically, I didn't want to mistake the K->H smoothing as a sign of "proper fluency in Tagalog". Much appreciated! ^^

For learning: Filipino (Tagalog)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    In some regions and dialects you are right, "k" sometimes sounds different from the original pronunciation. The reason is many regions in the Philippines speaks only thier dialects. Take for example in Pangasinan, thier dialect is one of the most difficult dialect in the Philippines. So if they will speak Tagalog, the sounds of some letters changed specially letter K. Another example is Pampanga, they cannot pronounce letter H very well. Ex. Bahay ko, they pronounce it Baay ko that means letter H is missing. I hope it helped.

More open questions for learning Filipino (Tagalog)