Could you explain this sentence "i officially crossed into uncharted cuisine waters" for me ?

Additional Details:

And please show me some example of phrases uncharted cuisine waters.....

Additional Details:

Thank you very much all of you!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    It's a sailing analogy.

"To cross into uncharted waters" means you've sailed your boat off the map. It's new territory, and the first time you explore this part of the seas. If you want a map, you have to draw it yourself.

"Officially" in this sentence means definitely. It's so definite you could certify it.

The "cuisine" part describes what kind of "uncharted waters" you are "sailing" into. Food and cookery!

So the phrase means, this is the first time you've tried this style of cooking. And you feel a bit lost and scared. Exciting times. :)

nguyenan,

This is not a common expression. The writer has a good imagination and is using a figure of speech called a metaphor*. He is pretending that he is an explorer at sea and that he has travelled to a part of the ocean for which he has no maps.

uncharted waters = area of water not on any map.....unknown waters
    cuisine = food or style of cooking
    uncharted cuisine waters = a kind of food or style of cooking that is unknown to the writer.

Examples,

He officially crossed into uncharted cuisine waters when he finally tried dog meat in Vietnam.
    When I ate fried scorpion for the first time I entered unknown cuisine waters.
    My last trip took me into the uncharted waters of Japanese cooking.
    He joked that he would open a restaurant serving only fish heads. There are a lot of uncharted waters out there!

What is a Metaphor?
    A metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that denotes a certain object or idea is applied to another word or phrase to imply some similarity between them.

My car was a refrigerator.....My car was very cold.
    I crossed into unknown cuisine waters.....I tasted food unknown to me.

*
    http://www.how-to-study.com/study-skills/en/language-arts/7/metaphors/

I think it just means that the person 'crossing into uncharted cuisine waters' was just trying some new style of food that was so completely different from what they'd experienced before that they had no idea what to expect.

'Uncharted waters' means 'doing something new'. Literally, it means being a sailor and taking your ship to a new place which is not there on the map.

'Uncharted cuisine waters' means the person has cooked or eaten something very new to that person.

The word 'officially' is just used here for adding more emotion to the sentence. The word 'officially' can be used when something is confirmed by an authority and cannot be denied. For e.g. 'It is official now that Google has purchased the website youtube.com'. Here it means that nobody can deny it that youtube.com belongs to google as it has been confirmed by them.

Examples of the whole phrase:
    1) When I visited a restaurant in Beijing for the first time, I knew I was officially crossing into uncharted cuisine waters.
    2) My wife asked me to make some Lasagna for dinner. She must be nuts, because she knows I can only boil eggs. Cooking Lasagna would mean officially crossing into uncharted cuisine waters.

Cheers.

The others have explained it well, however I would like to add that the use of the word "cuisine" here sounds very strange because it's a noun rather than an adjective. I think the adjective "culinary" would be more appropriate here, i.e. "uncharted culinary waters".