Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Have you been to Beijing? and what's your impression of Beijing?

For learning: Other

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I've also been to Beijing twice. I found Beijing to be impressive. The best thing I liked about it is everything seemed orderly and organized. Compared to some other places I've been to, Beijing can be definitely called 'clean'.

It also has a appearance of a city that is trying to bridge the gap between the 'East' and the 'West', as I could see ancient monuments and culture, and the latest technological advances marching hand in hand.

Beijing is a showcase for a newly emergent and powerful China and a triumph of its willpower!

I've been to Beijing twice. My impressions were that it was dirty and noisy, and I had the feeling that the Communist Party was practically omnipresent. I still enjoyed my visits, but there is something about Beijing, and especially with respect to the OTT security presence, that makes me feel uneasy.