Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

What would be the most colloquial way of saying 'Give me a break' in Portuguese?

For learning: Portuguese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    The most colloquial way to say "give me a break" would be: "me dá um tempo!" It is very very common in Brazilian Portuguese, but it might sound rude... take care.

I think the way less aggresive is : Um momento, por favor!
    But you can be cute and gently and say: Só um minutinho!

There is also "Não enche o saco". It is very colloquial but also sounds rather rude when you mean it.

I think it is even more common than "me dá um tempo", which sounds a little bit feigned.

But beware, it doesn't literally translates to 'give me a break'... it is a slang expression.