What is the biggest difference between American and Chinese culture?

This is an opinion question. I want to see what people find to be the most striking to them.

For learning: Chinese (Cantonese)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I don't think there's one single difference that stands out. But one thing that is definitely different in terms of general level of acceptance is racism. Chinese people may not always think of themselves as better than other people, but they definitely have preconceived judgements about other races that would easily be viewed as "racist" in America.

Both cultures have their pride, but while American pride comes in the nationalistic sense, Chinese pride comes from family/blood. As a whole, I think we value "face" more than the average American, which I think is true in many Asian cultures.

More open questions for learning Chinese (Cantonese)